Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently my heater control has jammed up. the fan speed, fresh/recycle air and where the air come out are all fine, but the temperature control takes a lot of force to move. i can get almost all the way to cold, but only moves halfway back. regardless of where it sits it still blows out warm-ish air. bad for hot days, but not hot enough for cold days.
any ideas as to where i should be looking to try fix it? i was thinking about looking just behind that panel, but havent had a chance yet...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The cable that adjusts the temp goes out to a valve on the firewall under the hood. Take a look at the valve (find the heater hose at the firewall) and disconnect the cable. Try to work the valve by hand. Then try to move the temp lever at the dash. Which one shows resistance? If it is the cable, remove it and check for kinks and then try a bit of graphite powder in the casing. If it is the valve, consider replacing it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cable moves fine... but the valve looks a little rusted. not bad, but still. mite try a bit of oil or WD40 or something later today. thanks again bill!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts