Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a strange fault? with the heater Climate. UK SX4 SZ4 Auto comes with Climate control.
The drivers side gets warm but the passenger side doesn't. it isn't dual zone.
But its acting like one.
All functions working. Wherever air is directed, Drivers side warm, passenger side cold. Whether its the demister, Side vent footwell vent and even centre vent to a degree. Air comes out of vent with similar power so I don't think a pipe is disconnected :confused:

·
Registered
862 Posts
From this diagram
www.avigex.ca/sx4/heater.pdf
it seems possible that improperly positioned diverter (20) (like half way) could direct some warm air through the heater core(4) to one place, and bypass some cold air to another part of the plenum
However, normally, the plenum is the place where both flows are indeed mixed to provide higher or lower temperatures, so I do not think this could be the real explanation..unless some rsetriction inside the plenum inhibits the mix of flows.....so ????
see this also
www.avigex.ca/sx4/Heaterdiag.pdf
and the auto control you have
www.avigex.ca/sx4/htrcontrol.pdf

·
Registered
862 Posts
And was that condition present from the start ?
EDIT: ok, just read that from one of your other posts....:
"Just finished rebuilding an insurance write off SX4, 1.6 Auto 2013. 7,000 miles "....
...since the car had an accident, I would indeed suspect some foreign object or some bent part of the heater section causing some disruption of air flow..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. I have studied the workshop manual and it looks like a major dashboard dismantle job so I think I can live with it.
Hoped someone might have come across it before.
When (if?:D) the weather gets warmer will dive in and have a good look.
Note the accident damage was restricted to N/S wing, front Subframe and Drivers Passenger front airbags/seat tensioners
Now 3,000 miles later and we're loving it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts