Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heat shield on my exhaust was rattling and apparently the top half was already gone. Is there anywhere I can buy this part in the US? It doesn't seem to have a separate part number from the exhaust pipe so I can't find it anywhere. Also, do I need to replace it at all or would it be okay to run it without?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
its there to stop excessive heat from the catalytic converter and the exhaust system burning the underside of the car, and igniting grass etc off road. Not advisable to run without it, you may have to scour the wrecking yards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine rusted out too was rattling and worse noises I just ripped it off no way to replace it without buying a new pipe and any used is most likely gonna be bad too. My exhaust still rattles unfortunately might be my cat one too but it seems solid. Mine is now doing a whistle almost sounds like a turbo not sure what's up with that maybe a pinhole leak?

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
whistling is usually a leak, or an obstruction internally. Idling, wad a rag so you don't burn your hand (masochists can omit the rag if thats your thing) and put it over the tail pipe and listen for a leak. May need assistance. If you have no leaks you can actually stall the car. Simple but effective test. If no leaks and it whistles when you rev it, then somethings blocking it internally.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If its only the sheild take the exhuast (CAT) and weld a new lug to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this reply is almost 2 years later.. but may be helpful for others.
I had two heat shields fall off:
(1) a skinnier one, right under the driver's foot, that caused my floor foam to melt and get really hot,
(2) the same one you are showing, I think.

For (2), I used this to protect the underside of the car: Universal Catalytic Converter Heat Shield
DEI model 11003

For (1) This worked great: Thermo-Tec 11600 1' X 6" Pipe Shield

1 - 6 of 6 Posts