Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see if anyone else has come across a "buzzing" noise from the engine bay of a boosterjet swift sport? Mine is a 2020 model and whenever you touch the accelerator, you get a buzzing sound coming from the engine bay. It's worse when cold, but it never goes away. After a dealer said there's nothing wrong, I took it to my local mechanic and he's found that the heat shield on the front of the engine is loose and moves around, yet all the bolts are as tight as they can be. The heat shield is pretty thin as well. The buzzing noise is extremely irritating. It's not there when your foot is off the accelerator and appears as soon as you touch the accelerator, whether it's hard or soft acceleration. Just interested to see if anyone else has experienced this. So far I'm not having any joy with the dealer, and speaking with Suzuki they are just pushing me back to the dealer, or go see another, which is not close to me.
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
13,254 Posts
Try installing washers (couple sizes larger) between the shield, manifold and bolt heads.. Then check the shield on the CAT..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try installing washers (couple sizes larger) between the shield, manifold and bolt heads.. Then check the shield on the CAT..
funny you should say that, that is exactly what my mechanic and one of the mechanics from the dealer said they would do weeks ago when I showed them the problem, and then we booked it in for today. But today, now different guys from the dealer are baulking at that idea and trying to tell me nothing is wrong. I'll know later today when I get the car back if they have done what they originally said they were going to do. For something so simple, it shouldn't be this hard. Bit of a thumbs down so far for the Suzuki dealer.

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Be careful solidly mounting the heat shield. One of the guys did that to a 3G at work, 6 months later the heat shield disintegrated due to cracks formed from expansion and contracting

Try bending it a bit so its sitting in different places, mine rattled after a filter change, i slightly bent it getting to the filter. Gave is a twist in the opposite direction and no more rattles.

Reactions: decro125

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to see if anyone else has come across a "buzzing" noise from the engine bay of a boosterjet swift sport? Mine is a 2020 model and whenever you touch the accelerator, you get a buzzing sound coming from the engine bay. It's worse when cold, but it never goes away. After a dealer said there's nothing wrong, I took it to my local mechanic and he's found that the heat shield on the front of the engine is loose and moves around, yet all the bolts are as tight as they can be. The heat shield is pretty thin as well. The buzzing noise is extremely irritating. It's not there when your foot is off the accelerator and appears as soon as you touch the accelerator, whether it's hard or soft acceleration. Just interested to see if anyone else has experienced this. So far I'm not having any joy with the dealer, and speaking with Suzuki they are just pushing me back to the dealer, or go see another, which is not close to me.
Thanks
Did you ever manage to fix this?

I’ve got a 2021 Swift Sport that has developed a similar sound. It’s got just under 2000kms on the clock. Car sounded tight as a drum when I first got it, but this developed around 1250kms.

There is a distinct buzzing/vibration sound on acceleration (particularly noticeable if the car is cold, and/or if you accelerate slowly e.g. gently accelerate up to 50kmh in 2nd gear). Loud enough - especially when cold - that I’ve had more than one passenger comment on it.

Noise disappears as soon as you get off the throttle, and also isn’t there at idle (there is a pronounced ticking noise on idle and also at the bottom of the rev range on deceleration, but I believe that is a direct injection-type noise - something else that has got louder since getting the car … but that is a different topic)

The dealer was not particularly helpful, claiming they couldn’t hear anything. In fairness the tech tested the car when I’d driven it across town to the dealership, and the noise is not as bad when the car is warm (it’s just noticeable if you really listen). I’m getting them to listen again after keeping the car overnight to test it when fully cold, but would love to be able to go equipped with a solid answer as to what the problem might be.

Let me know if you were able to sort it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Samjaynz, sorry hadn't checked back in here for a while. It's still not fixed. Just been living with it, but need to get back and complain further with Suzuki Australia. My mechanic just put on my recent service receipt saying the heatshield should be replaced under warranty. The dealer has been difficult to work with. I've just been lazy getting back to Suzuki. I'll post back what I find out soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a pronounced ticking noise on idle and also at the bottom of the rev range on deceleration, but I believe that is a direct injection-type noise - something else that has got louder since getting the car … but that is a different topic)
yes I have this too, it's very ticky. I have also noticed the engine using a lot of oil. It's burning approx 1L of oil over 5000km, and when I looked up the manual, this is mentioned. This I found surprising that an engine of this size can burn that much oil. If you follow Suzuki's recommended service interval of 12 months/10000km, you could be in real strife and find you are dangerously low on oil. From memory there's 3.3L of oil in the engine, so burning 1L is crazy IMO. So don't skim on service intervals, and I'd recommend getting the oil changed every 5000kms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update, the Swift has been back at the dealership for 3 days. Still no closer to sorting this out. A case is opened with Suzuki. I'm starting to think this issue maybe something more related to the throttle body. The buzz/vibration can also be heard just revving the engine. It's always there as soon as you touch the accelerator pedal. For me the buzzing is loudest between 2500-3000 rpm, and you can easily repro it by feathering the pedal when the rpm is up in that range.

Samjaynz, did you get anywhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts