Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running a few searches, I couldn't find any answers that pertained to my specific problem.

My DRLs and low-beams (same thing?) aren't working. High beams and flash to pass work as normal. The relay doesn't click, and when swapped with a known good relay, it still doesn't click.

While under the dash, I also found a black ground wire that was attached to the firewall just down from where the steering column bolts on. The wire has broken and I'm not sure where that attaches. Could it be related to the headlight problem? It doesn't seem to quite reach the headlight relay plug-in by the junction box.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so...

It seemed impossible that both my lights would go out simultaneously, so I had overlooked it.
I know, I know.
So Today I pulled my bulbs and sure enough, both low beam filaments were blown. A quick run to NAPA and I was back in action... mostly.

So it seems my headlights will come on when I turn them on, etc etc, but my DRLs aren't on. This isn't really a problem since I always turn my lights on anyway, (drivers here are nuts)... but it makes me want to track down the source of my nonfunctional DRLs. The under-dash fuse for the DRLs is still intact.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,670 Posts
Check that the hand brake is completely released, there is a switch that shuts down the HL when park brake active...

..... Philip

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rode my motorcycle to work today, but I'll check that. It's funny, my tracker always had the drls on even when the e-brake was engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts