Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Found water in the oil of my 95 G16b 16v 4wd 2door Vitara.

Had to drive it 1600km further (cabin heater on) to get out of the desert and back to capital city. Refilled water every 60km. Changed oil twice. I hope the bottom of the motor is ok.

I'm removing the cylinder head with the plan to install a new one. Problem I have is with the: 'Remove the whole Intake top 16v plenum box with 8 bolts' (fixkick.com head-pull). Three of the bolts holding the intake plenum on have no head whatsoever. No internal allen drive, nothing. It's as if someone broke a bolt and repaced it with threaded rod...

My plan was to use wirebrush and inox, then next day heat and vicegrips. But one 'bolt' is underneath the intake and I'm not sure how I can get to it.

My question: Is this aftermarket nonsense? or is there a tool\process im missing?

And if it is nonsense, am I on the right track? Any other ideas?

Thanks a bunch guys, let me know if I should upload photos or give more info :)

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
There are some studs on the manifold, once the bolts are removed, remove the nuts from the studs, then slide the manifold off. Double nut the studs to remove & use heat if necessary. Photos would be good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ranger,

Here is a pic:

I have all the nuts off, but the manifold seems stuck solid..

This has really put the brakes on the repair :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Facepalm*

I'ts off...

Thanks for all the help guys. Will probably be posting again before the repair is done :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
let me guess, stuck on the gasket and sealant?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it was *stuck* on the rear bracket. I hadn't even cracked the bolt :( I was so sure there was a problem I didn't stop to have a good check. Anyway the confirmation that everything was in fact in order really helped :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
That pesky bracket and random bolt, that will do it every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts