Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Sammy for new cat, ran rough for 5 miles- went under hood to noticed one plug wire off. Mechanic installed new Cat Convert, picked it up and the lights stay on. :mad: I twist the light lever on the column no change. :confused: I UNPLUGed the drivers headlight to shut them off. Parking lights work as they should. Any IDEAS :eek: Thank you for any HELP :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Samurais headlights are what is called switched ground. 12 volts is always supplied to the headlights and the ground goes through the light switch. The odds are that the ground wire that goes to the lights is shorting out somewhere, especially since it happened after someone was working under the hood on the driver side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Samurai headlights stuck on

I recently moved from California to Oregon, once I got my Samurai up here on a tow dolly. It would not start, no fuel. I had to right the fuel filter because it turned upside down on the way up. Once I rotated it, it was fine. I was able to start it in a jiffy. Driving around I was cool, but when I arrived back home I noticed the headlights were on even though my ignition circuit was off. I soon learned from the forums that it is a negative ground system. Or a pos to ground... Hmm. Anyhow, I found that my wire wrapped copper temperature gauge line had adbraded the negative voltage wire. Grounded does not hurt your electronics. 12V is constantly sent to the headlights, the circuit is closed via grounding from the headlight switch. Thanks for all of your advice. All is well now!

Blue skies,
Fox

1 - 3 of 3 Posts