Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest engine build was a blast working with the 1.3, small easy to handle etc. I love to squeeze H.P. with head and intake work, this build I ported and mild polished the head and intake, CC,ed the chambers opened the plenum added weber 38,s wow..What is the wildest head that I can work with that will go on a 88.5 1324. Any Ideas on opening up for larger valves. Iam already running electric fuel pump. After head and stock intake I,ll move up with intakes...I have full shop at home so time and labor is not a factor.

Thought of the day:
Remember the basic 4 cycle is suck, squeeze, BANG and blow....If you cannot suck it in the rest are only interisting....

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Wildest head would be the 16V DOHC head from the G13B engine. Then there is the SOHC 16V from the G16B engine and the simplest swap the SOHC 8V head from the G16A.The G16A head has larger ports and larger exhaust valves. The G16A camshaft also has a little more duration.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yeah, if you're staying carb'd then just for getting volume through, the 1.6L 8 valve is a direct bolt on. The intake and exhaust manifolds from the 1.3L bolt on to it too. If you go with the 16v head you need to go EFI to take advantage of the valve timing. Without the EFI the 16V actually has less low end torque and a lower high end HP than the 8V with a carb.

If you plan on supercharging it make sure you keep the boost down around 5psi unless you plan on rebuilding the whole engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts