Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi yalll! After many replaced parts and crap loads of time loss, finally got her running. TDC according to Hayes repair manual actually had the cylinder#1 on exhaust instead compression stroke! so after I'd pulled out the distributor, rotated 180°, from #1 to #4, she started right up, sounds awesome, because I didn't put the exhaust manifold back yet, sounds liked my Ducati Monster, only wish its as fast as it sounds!

Original plan was to save up and get the 1.9 VW, but blown my head gasket too soon, so ended up rebuilding the 1.3, the good news is all my internal components are well within factory tolerance(Haynes I hope there's no booboo here!), Bad news is the motor looks so good now, I don't wanna to just swap it out! I'd powder coated the valve cover and oil pan, sprayed high temp paint on exhaust manifold also the timing belt cover, scrubbed the block, it looks better then when it was new! Anyway a friend of my recently totaled his EVO 9, no damage on the 35k motor, and welling to part out the motor for $1500, with all the bells and whistles, will be doing SPOA, full custom cage/front/rear bumper with wrench, 28-30" tires... with all the added weight, I know I need some power soon! so any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts