Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
馃槀馃槀 @2013GV does running over the bastards on rainy days exempt me from paying that disposal fee.
Mechanics charge extra for toad guts dripping off the tyres when its on the hoist

Registered
My clutch replacement cost included a new slave cylinder. I doubt anyone would have a clutch replaced these days without replacing the internal concentric slave cylinder unless you really enjoy doing all the work yourself.

Registered
The internal slave is part of the throw out bearing. Its all replaced as a unit.

Registered
Suzuki grand Vitara
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ah righto, thats good to know. i would love to do it myself but not having the necessary equipment would make it difficult for me especially if im lying under a car and my neighbors hearing me shout non stop expletives would probably annoy them. Guess ill be giving repco a call on Monday, hopefully i can get it done on the day for around that price.

Cheers.

Registered
I would, let them deal with bleeding the sodding thing, thats guaranteed to drive you to expletives in many languages

If its the first one, those bell housing bolts will be tighter than you can imagine

Registered
On checking it seems my clutch was done a couple of years ago so you my have to allow a bit for inflation. With the garage I went to (a Repco franchise), I had a chat with the boss and the mechanic that was to do the job and had good look around and was impressed before I gave them the go-ahead and had a good look at the old clutch disc (worn well below the rivets) when I picked it up. The only complaint is a more pronounced pong if the clutch is slipped a bit now.

Registered
Ahhh, the oem ones certainly stink if you take off fast, interesting the new ones ponging too

Administrator
Why they didnt decide to have an external slave cylinder baffles me.
The concentric clutch slave eliminates the release lever & linkage - the previous generation of Grand Vitara had an external slave and would either wear through the release lever at the pivot or crack the lever - the concentric style would/should be more reliable.

Gear Motor vehicle Gas Machine Bicycle part

Reactions: Max

Registered
Before replacing the clutch there is way of helping the pedal fully disengage the clutch by changing the position of the splined lever on the far right end of the clutch pedal pivot rod under the dash (above the throttle pedal). This is the short lever that pushes in the piston rod of the master cylinder. This has been dicussed in detail in the previous post entry in the link below. However, if the hydraulic problem then self-corrects the clutch will most likely fail to fully engage with the pedal fully released.

Registered
Suzuki grand Vitara
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi,

Yeah the clutch was completely worn down to the rivets. After getting it replaced i can now shift with absolutely no problems, like a hot knife through butter. Cheers fellas for all the help and advice.

Registered
Glad its fixed

Registered
I'm surprised you did not noticed it slipping if there was that much wear. Before my clutch was replaced I was driving around accelerating very slowly waiting for my speed to catch up with the engine. You must have had high friction rivets!

Registered
I had a Nissan safari with the 4,2 diesel, didn't slip at all until the day I changed from 2nd to 3rd and lost drive. Dont ask me why or hiw, but that one was down yo the rivets both sides with grooves in the flywheel and pressure plate.
Others I've had slip like you describe at the slightest effort.

Go figure

21 - 33 of 33 Posts