Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Geo Tracker, 1.6 , 4x4 auto
104 Posts
Last 1.6, that I over hauled, was about 23yrs ago and is still running.. was supper cheap in those days, took me 2 days, in/out.. decked the head with sand paper/emery cloth on plate glass.. hand lapped the valves/seats.. hand filed the mains..
I was much younger and moved a lot faster..

I did it with a daughter (yes, all my girls had broken nails and dirty hands) who had the HG changed and mechanic installed the HG backwards, cutting oil supply to the upper..
that stupid gasket is really easy to flip and not realize it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can’t stand reading stuff online. Is there anywhere to get a paper copy?
Guess I could just print it all out.
I also much prefer paper in my hands - if for no other reason than I don't want to get my tablet or laptop all greasy in the shop. 😁 The factory manuals are LONG. Lots of pages, way more than I was willing to print. What I pretty much always do if I have an electronic copy of a manual is print the pages I need for the task I'm working on at the time. When I'm done, they're probably oily enough that they need thrown out anyway. What I SHOULD do, but am never patient enough for, is put the pages I've used in a binder. Eventually I'd probably have printed and bound most of the factory manual. I'm just not that clean/organized in the shop.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Usually I just take my phone with screenshots of the pages I need for the specific task, later I just clean my phone.
Best E-book ever.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I look at the page online using my "photographic memory" skills. Doesn't work for beans. The image is blank by the time I get to the garage.

·
Administrator
16,347 Posts
The 96 Tracker FSM is available at Ack's FAQ.

·
Administrator
16,347 Posts
The website's security certificate has expired, so your browser is letting you know - personally, I consider it a "non-issue" as I am not entering any personal information when I visit.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts