Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have installed a 1.6L 16 V into my samurai that had power steering.
the 1.6L that I swapped in had no power steering.

Has anyone successfully got the power steering working in their sammy with this kind of swap?

·
Registered
8 Posts
im about to do mine...anyways my bro in law did his. work great so far and i personally drove it myself but at the time wasnt well nstalled so i like it without power steering but he fixed it..in fact i just drove it day before yesterday n love it thats y im doing mine lol..dont know about bracket and all because its custom weld and so forth

forgot to add..choose either power steering or a/c because itll hit, i think, your steering component. you can do both if you are really good at custom/fabricating

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having trouble matching up the pulleys.
My Jimny (samurai) came with stock PS.So the box is already mounted,and i have the stock pump. the crank pulley on the 1.6 is only a single serpentine. while I need to find a double serpentine that fits the crank of the 1.6. What did your bro in law use??

·
Registered
8 Posts
he got every thing from the donor 95 tracker..i welded the joint for him but the bracket for the pump his brother did from his work place. wen i took my 16v out of the donor he said ill need to cut certain amount of inches off the steering joint and weld to mine or vice versa..ill have to ask him again to be 100%
for the pulley youll need to find one that matches the belt..i heard of switching other pulleys i.e water pump to stock samurais to make it work with the V belt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts