Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my car back from an LPG installation, and after a weekend of putting it to the test I'm pretty happy with the way things have turned out. I've stuck with using my stock carby as a throttle body at this stage (Aisin carb, Aussie Spec), but it's too fiddly - even stripped down to bare basics... so in a drive for even greater efficiency - I've got an idea.

Could I convert a HD CV carb (say, a Screaming Eagle 44mm) to use as a throttle body?

Just toying with the idea at this stage, but greater efficiency = longer range... very much needed in country Australia. I was hoping to get at least 600kms out of my tank, but it seems i'll only be good for 550 at best with my current setup.

People have mentioned that they're getting near 30MPG using HD CV's on their modded Sami's. Tuned to perfection, the Aisin carb is only good for around 25MPG on a stock car. I've checked out gotpropane.com, but based on flow-rates alone, the Sami kit is designed for maximum HP, efficiency and economy is an after thought.

Looking to get the cheapest running zook out there, without compromising too much HP (need every horse you can in these small bangers!!).

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
on a propane kit, the carb throttle body is just the butterfly valve that opens and closes to let the air/fuel mixture into the manifold. You don't need the Jets, or the choke since the air/fuel is already mixed and metered before it gets to the carb. A CV carb is going to be the same thing essentially, just a waste of parts that you don't need. What you would do best with is a straight up throttle body. Just the butterfly and the throaght that leads to the butterfly. To get one that will suit your need best, get one that is designed for a propane vehicle.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the mixing is done in the mixer/regulator and it feeds right into the throat of the carb. The throttle plate on the carburettors throttle body controles how much of the mixture enters the manifold. The shutoff is in front of the regulator if so equipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts