Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
931 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. This is the place to be for older Trackicks.

The topic of replacement tops -- soft and hard, parts or complete -- comes up frequently as a topic. Apparently much depends on what country you are in and how close you are to a large city (AKA, shops & junk yards).

At the top center of this page in a SEARCH COMMUNITY box. I'd suggest you try "REPLACEMENT TOPS" or something like that. You'll find LOTS of ideas to try.

Do you need the entire top? It might be easier to find parts -- and cheaper too.

Others will jump in, too. Good luck. Send us PIX if you can, and details on your Sidekick.

·
Super Moderator
26,530 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Geo Tracker AT 4x4 w sport top
66 Posts
Looking for hard top for 1993 Sidekick. Any ideas?
I have the Rally Tops "Sporttop" on my 91 tracker. With the sunroof and rear window options. One problem with these is that, in the rain, there are no rain gutters to keep water from running down over the doors and windows . It's weathertight till you try to get in in the rain, then water cascades down on you and into the floor! I do like that its carpeted inside and a lot quieter than the rag top.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have the Rally Tops "Sporttop" on my 91 tracker. With the sunroof and rear window options. One problem with these is that, in the rain, there are no rain gutters to keep water from running down over the doors and windows . It's weathertight till you try to get in in the rain, then water cascades down on you and into the floor! I do like that its carpeted inside and a lot quieter than the rag top.
Guess what, the 3G grand vitara is like that too, no rain gutters and you open the door the ran hits the door sill and you as you're getting in or out. Real pain in the proverbial. Why did they do away with the rain gutters on cars!??? Bring back the 1970's at least they had them.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
12,905 Posts
A fraction of a MPG rating.. (cut the wind drag)

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
A fraction of a MPG rating.. (cut the wind drag)
But I miss gutter mount radio aerials, getting your fingers caught, and the big roof racks with the sucker cups that clamped onto the gutters too

Ok, ok, im old.

·
Registered
1991 Geo Tracker AT 4x4 w sport top
66 Posts
Guess what, the 3G grand vitara is like that too, no rain gutters and you open the door the ran hits the door sill and you as you're getting in or out. Real pain in the proverbial. Why did they do away with the rain gutters on cars!??? Bring back the 1970's at least they had them.
They could have easily designed them into the fiberglass when the mold made at almost zero cost!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
They could have easily designed them into the fiberglass when the mold made at almost zero cost!
Yep, I agree, even just a small channel would help deflect most of it.

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
931 Posts
My '91 tintop Tracker has HUGE gutters -- as least compared to the ones on my '76 Honda Civic.

Maybe it's just a tintop thing, but it makes no difference -- with or without gutters, I'm either soaked before I get in, or I get soaked after I get out.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
My '91 tintop Tracker has HUGE gutters -- as least compared to the ones on my '76 Honda Civic.

Maybe it's just a tintop thing, but it makes no difference -- with or without gutters, I'm either soaked before I get in, or I get soaked after I get out.
You never heard of a rain coat? :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
26,530 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for hard top for 1993 Sidekick. Any ideas?
Look for a company called ATC, headquartered in Garnett Kansas. They specialize in fiberglass truck caps and bed covers. I bought 3 tops (2 early, 1 later model) through one of their dealers. Quality is better than the Ralley, and they'll paint them any color you want, just provide the appropriate vehicle color code.

Last one I bought was in 2007, may need to contact them to verify they'll still make them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts