Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have SX4, Model 2009, 1.6 Liter engine, 4V, 16 valves, with a 5 speeds of manual transmission. The odometer is 250K. And here is the problem:

The engine takes long crank to start especially when it sits off for a while (e.g. more than half an hour). In the morning, it takes three long tries at least. If it is working, and I shut off the engine, then directly crank it, it starts very quickly. Moreover, I smell gasoline in the exhaust most of the time.

I have checked pump pressure and it is fine, cleaned the fuel filter and injectors. Also, I have checked the computer and no sensor fault was identified. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
with the scanner and an IR thermometer, check the ECT and IAT they should match at ambient temp...

.... Philip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if they do not match, will the problem be on both of them?

Moreover, can I measure their resistance and see if they match the manual service specification?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, everyone,
I have checked the CTS and IAT , and they are matched at ambient temperature .. any suggestion to diagnose ?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Hello, everyone,
I have checked the CTS and IAT , and they are matched at ambient temperature .. any suggestion to diagnose ?
what are they reading at operating temp? not uncommon for either to go weird once running. CTS will obviously be hotter and should match water temp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I have checked CTS measuring its resistance until it reaches to operating temperature .. the values were shown as characterize in the manual service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts