Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having an issue with my 2004 GV H25A, only 3 of 6 cylinders working :(
Seems to be an electric issue, idk if ECU related or CMP sensor maybe?

Only cylinders #3 #4 and #5 are working fine

I have tested ignition coils, wires, spark plugs, fuel injectors.... everythings seems to be right

Also, i have my "check engine light" before i turn the ig switch then it goes off when i start the car (how it should be)

I don't have scanner so im waiting to get one, meanwhile i would like to know what it could be

·
Super Moderator
18,186 Posts
I have tested ignition coils, wires, spark plugs, fuel injectors.... everythings seems to be right
If you are THAT confident that those systems have been checked and are proper, then I would move on to a compression test to make sure that all cylinders are viable.

Have you performed ANY recent maintenance or repairs that may have led to your current situation? Or possibly took on a load of water laced fuel maybe?

And how did you precisely determine which cylinders were and were not firing? :unsure:
You didn't even have a code scan to assist you there, although it would have reported "random" if as per the case presented to us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i forgot to mention that, i did a full rebuild, also tested compression and is between the parameters of the manual

Well i double checked all of that, the two voltage and ground wires. The one thing left to test is the signal wire from the ecu

Maybe crapy fuel?. I cleaned the whole fuel tank, new pump, filter, etc.

·
Super Moderator
18,186 Posts
Has it ran correctly SINCE the rebuild? If not, are you sure that you properly conducted the valve timing assembly sequence?

If unsure with the latter, see the top FAQ thread and the Tech Manual section within for valve timing guidance.

And I don't see yet where you precisely determined how and WHICH cylinders are firing correctly!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry for the late answer. Well first start was smooth, like all cylinders were working... but the car stalled, also i had to repair an oil pan leak and that took me a while...

If you mean about the timing chain, i double checked, i could send you the pictures of the timing marks and chain in my engine

Pretty simple test, removing coil packs for each cylinder, and seeing no change in the ones that are not working, also changed injectors for each cylinder and only the same 3 keep working, yesterday a guy came and tested the ECU for failures and its in pretty good shape, scanned the car and got 0 error codes, finally i did a test spraying fuel directly to throttle and the car stayed on and kind of revved a little. So, all of this can be due to fuel problem or many others?. The car starts instantly when i turn the key, the pressure regulator also seems to be working fine and like i mentioned before i replaced fuel pump and filters (the internal one is a little smaller than the one i changed, might be that?).

Sorry for the bad angles in the pictures and some missing points :rolleyes:

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 4.41.45 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 4.41.25 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 4.41.25 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 4.41.24 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-06-26 at 4.41.24 PM.jpeg

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,678 Posts
You need to perform an injector flow test to eliminate any question about fuel delivery.. this will also test the fuel pump delivery..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to perform an injector flow test to eliminate any question about fuel delivery.. this will also test the fuel pump delivery..
Injectors were bench tested and cleaned before i finished the engine rebuild :confused:, i have no tools for test pressure so ill have to dismount them with the pump to test both.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
This is what you need to perform all tests on FI and Pump in place..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: so looks like there is no need for fuel pressure tests, today testing i figured out that leaving a little gap in the front part of the intake manifold the engine runs perfect, all 6 cylinders. Heard with a hose an air sound around cylinder #3. Im going to dismount the whole manifold to search for any problems. Any one had an issue like this?. Wasnt expecting to hear the engine fully working when i moved that part of the manifold haha :rolleyes:
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-28 at 2.50.16 PM.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that was my face hahaha. Seems like an issue with the manifold, i'll check in these days

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
That would cause a massive vacuum leak on that bank.. the O2 on that side should have triggered a lean condition and the Injectors would have tried to flood the cylinders..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would cause a massive vacuum leak on that bank.. the O2 on that side should have triggered a lean condition and the Injectors would have tried to flood the cylinders..
If that happens, it would be in one side of the engine, right? Weird thing is that 1 cylinder of one side and 2 of the other...

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Not really that is a crossover manifold, any thing is possible.

·
Super Moderator
18,186 Posts
Check to make sure that your intake system (filter inlet at the inner fender port to throttle body) is free from restriction (rag? compromised filter? gasket shift / blockage? throttle body plate inlet screen clog? or?).

Opening the inlet stream as you did to allow the induction to breath suggests same (a restriction).

All the way to here at a minimum. Further if you think that you left something amiss in the remainder of the air intake system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts