Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I posted this in Vitara section, but I think I will get more response over here were everyone can see it.

My name is Art and I'm trying to get some information on H25A or J20A pistons.

My intend is to use those pistons in KLZE(Mazda 2.5 v6 84.5mm bore) with KJ(Millenia s) rods for 300+whp on boost.

To start of I need to know the difference between j20a and h25a pistons, both of them are for 84mm bore with 21mm floating pin. Only thing that i think can be different is pin off center(v6).

The most important information that I need is the size specs for the piston(h25a).

like in this picture

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone here really know Suzuki internals? Why do the aftermarket companys who make pistons for the j18, j25a and H25a all sell the same same piston for all when in reality the j25a is supposed to be a lower compression type? THey all sell the high compression j18/h25a piston but I want the j25a piston. ARgghh.

-18cc dish vs. -14cc dish. Pisses me off that you can only rely on OEM parts to be accurate. Anyone with experiance ordering pistons? And is there supposed to be an offset to the H25a pistons even though they share the same OEM part number as the j18, but the H25a is a v6 so there should be a piston pin offset NO?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know this is a somewhat old post but the piston in the OP's post is a J20A piston. That photo was taken from another forum's thread called "My Hybrid!!!!!!!!!" and that poster was measuring the J20A piston. The H25A uses the same piston as the J20A.

That thread can be found here. My Hybrid!!!!!!!!!

Whoever marked the measurements left out the most important one. The pin to the top of the piston. If we take his measurements we can do 45.35-5.5-(21/2) and get 27.35mm. I have a piston in my hand now and measure 29.5mm pin center to piston top.

I'm looking into all this information myself for my twin turbo H25A AWD X-90 project.

You can find my build here. http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-sidekick-escudo-vitara-geo-tracker/47770-x-90-mods.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts