Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My H20A engine in my Vitara sounds abit rough, like the valves are knocking. Is it a big job to adjust the valves? And what kind of adjustments is under the valve cover?
Does anyone have a manual for the Suzuki Vitara V6 1995 and could be so kind and email me it?
Thanks!
Dani

·
Super Moderator
13,745 Posts
First - it's highly improbable that your valves are "knocking", especially on an H20a engine as that has "self adjusting" hydraulic lifters, so they are no adjustments under the valve covers. It's possible to have noisy lifters (especially if routine maintenance has been skipped or if you're using too heavy a grade of oil), but that tends to be more of a tap than a knock.

Second - if you want anyone to email you anything, they're going to need your email address.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First - it's highly improbable that your valves are "knocking", especially on an H20a engine as that has "self adjusting" hydraulic lifters, so they are no adjustments under the valve covers. It's possible to have noisy lifters (especially if routine maintenance has been skipped or if you're using too heavy a grade of oil), but that tends to be more of a tap than a knock.

Second - if you want anyone to email you anything, they're going to need your email address.
Thank you for this! And apparently i forgot to put my email here... It is [email protected], if amyone has somethong to send.

·
Registered
329 Posts
All the manuals are available in the FAQ thread at the top.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts