Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys my check engine light came on yesterday so I decide to have it checked. It only had one code which was the PO740. It said Torque Convertor solenoid open circuit. It is shifting fine. What does that code mean? Is it something to fix or just ignore? Thanks

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,688 Posts
The TQ has a lock up function, this code indicates that the solenoid circuit is open...

..... Philip

·
Super Moderator
24,211 Posts
What car are you talking about, and what tranny? And what kind of gas mileage are you getting? If the TCC is not locking up, it should reduce your mileage slightly. You should check the wiring and connectors - but, unless you need this circuit working for inspection, you would certainly be able to drive around with this. You would have to drop the pan to get to the solenoid to replace it. Some info on checking the circuit here:
http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-sidekick-escudo-vitara-geo-tracker/20827-tcc-solenoid-2.html

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bex it's a 3 spd not a 4 spd. I haven't checked my mileage yet. I'm just running my first tank through it. I've went about 145 and its used a little over a 1/2 tank. The TC isn't locking up. I tried the tap your brake pedal test at above 45 and it dint unlock. However the TC has worked some because I've felt it when it locked. Remember I've only been driving this tracker about a week. I had the motor and tranny out of it. It's got a new TC. Local tranny shop went thought the tranny not sure what he replaced.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I "fixed" it. I got under it and wiggled, press the electrical plug on the driver side of the tranny by the pan and the TC is locking up now and the SEL went out. Hopefully it will stay off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts