Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Not any more, I ain't!! I'm back in the UK (not wanted on voyage it turned out). Yep, Grenadians knew all about Vitaras. I know they're practically non-existent here but, but, dear boys, I used to drive a Bedford TL horsebox so am well, well, well acquainted with finding people who know an old make. I think I may have run one to ground already. I'm relatively mechanically savvy for an old girl so I'm hoping I'll be ok.
I grew up on the TK's J1 and J2 Beddys, know all about those things, hard to find reverse, sticking carb floats and distributors covered in oil from all the blowby.

Did i mention those stupid vacuum assist brakes? the drafts thru the floor when you pressed a pedal and the rubber seal disappeared along with the pedal thru the floor?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How that made me laugh!! But I did love that lorry, adored driving it. The only prob was that it had a power steering system that no one but no one (includng US and
Australia) recognised and knew how to mend - and that was its downfall. Had to drive from Cornwall to Kent with no power steering, including Mway closure that meant driving through Reading and all the roundabouts, my son helping heave the wheel and me crying copiously! Once drove from Kent to Cumbria with a friend in her TL and the hole in the floor was the only thing to keep her awake!!!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts