Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I own a 1993 Suzuki GTi. I bought it a few months ago and I've found there is something wrong with the engine. When I bought it, it ran really badly. I've since had the computer re-mapped, had the injectors done, fitted a K&N filter and had extractors and a 2 inch system fitted.

Despite this work, I still have a problem when I'm driving it. It seems to misfire when you back off and come on to acceleration. It makes the car drive really rough, and is quite annoying.

Has anyone else found this?

Any feedback would be great!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by Dan@Aug 25 2004, 05:53 PM
Hey guys

I own a 1993 Suzuki GTi. I bought it a few months ago and I've found there is something wrong with the engine. When I bought it, it ran really badly. I've since had the computer re-mapped, had the injectors done, fitted a K&N filter and had extractors and a 2 inch system fitted.

Despite this work, I still have a problem when I'm driving it. It seems to misfire when you back off and come on to acceleration. It makes the car drive really rough, and is quite annoying.

Has anyone else found this?

Any feedback would be great!!
Anyone???

·
Registered
6 Posts
After years of experience and heartache. I always go back to the basics.

Check timing components (wires and distributor), also check the actual cam timing, your GT has belt driven cams, could be a tooth off.

Check MAF and TPS sensor voltage. Sounds like your car is running lean.

Check for low fuel pressure.

Check temp sensor for correct operation.

The Swift's computer system is pretty dumb so it won't give you any help diagnositically. Go to www.teamswift.net, forum full of crazy Swift owners like myself who can help you out.

If you can swing it I'd recommend buying a wideband O2 kit from PLX. This is a must for tuning a fuel injected car. Be warned they are expensive ($320.00) but it's the only way to accurately tell what your a/f ratio is.

I have service manual pages in jpg format if you need the information on how to check the sensors.

Keep us updated.

Philip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts