Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't now much as far as it goes, what does it do? what are the reno specifacations(for JP007's car) about how much are they.

one more thing if we were to remove the pre-cat coming off the headers would it still meet emisions laws.

-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
pressto10 said:
Don't now much as far as it goes, what does it do?
Basically it removes any electrical current that gets jamed up in the wires, by letting the excess current to flow into other places.

what are the reno specifacations(for JP007's car) about how much are they.
PM him as I don't know if he has done anything to his car or not. But you can get the specs of the Reno from a ton of places on the net.

one more thing if we were to remove the pre-cat coming off the headers would it still meet emisions laws.
I highly doubt you make emission laws, but check your state laws first. If you live in California you will not pass emissions without it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,209 Posts
pressto100 said:
Don't now much as far as it goes, what does it do?
jurupa said:
Basically it removes any electrical current that gets jamed up in the wires, by letting the excess current to flow into other places.
Kinda... but not quite. By upgrading the wiring on items like your coil pack, alternator, ect, more electricity can flow back to the battery more freely.
Its like using a larger drain pipe in a sink. Water will flow out faster due to less resistance.
Resistance in electricity means heat and less effitiency (in this case). The better grounding asllows everything to work more effiently
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
its really not hatd to make a grounding kit.... my friend did it, u just need to buy some really nice like 8-gauge wire and the little loop connector things(at a loss for a name for them) and a lot of time to solder(i dk if i spelled thet right i ment saw-der)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
zerocool said:
its really not hatd to make a grounding kit.... my friend did it, u just need to buy some really nice like 8-gauge wire and the little loop connector things(at a loss for a name for them) and a lot of time to solder(i dk if i spelled thet right i ment saw-der)
Loop connector being an eye terminal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
sures... lol i dont know if thats the name of what im talking about... i'll try and figure it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
kinkyllama said:
I made a grounding kit too...its not hard and cost me $15 bux to do it right. Eventually it just looked like crap due to how much I drive so I bought a cheap kit from ebay since I didnt have time, worked just as well and I spent a ton less time, cost me $20.

can i get a link?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top