Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to make my own ground wires this weekend. has anyone done this yet.. does it help much. also i was considering swiss-cheesing my intake box

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've heard that new ground wires do help when it comes to your electronics. For example, if you run the lighter UD pulley, re-grounding helps keep a steady flow of electricity to your electronics, especially if you're running and aftermarket sound system. So you should definetely go for it. I've heard that there are cheaper ways to do it than buy new grounding cables online, if you search the forums I think someone posted about the alternative to buying new wires. As for power, don't expect a huge increase, but re-grounding can free up to 5 HP on some cars, so your results will vary.
For your intake box, DON'T "swiss cheese" it. I'm assuming that you want to drill holes in the box that is in the engine bay, if it is that, dont do it unless if you want poor performance. Drilling holes in that part of the intake box will only give you extra hot air, which is a definite no-no if you want better performance, besides, drilling holes would not significantly increase the surface area in which air can come in. In layman's terms, you wouldn't increase your intake's ability to take in more air by an amount that would create a noticeable difference in performance. You'd do better to custom make an intake, or buy one (BMS makes a really good one for the Reno/Forenza). Anyway's, this post is getting long so I'll leave it at that.

-Charles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts