Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Jimmy is a very comfortable, safe vehicle that is great for trips to the outback or commutes to work.

But one day when I was coming back from my trip I found that it lacks grip on road. Car is unsteady on the road and the grip is terrible in rain or snow.

I want to know that anybody else got this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The wheelbase is good for alot of things but for rainy weather thats where it lacks think about you doing donuts in but or snow theres lots of understeer..so yeah its the wheelbase that makes it sowanting to slide off the road on high speed turns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find it has a lot to do with tyres and tyre types. I have A/T (All Terrain Tyres) like many 4x4's on which one would assume is good for everything. Truth be told I find they're much better on the road then off, where as some of my mates have offroad tyres and play slippery slide on the road when its wet.

Also, high speed turns arn't genius in most cars, esp. 4x4's! They tend to fall over due to being top heavy. I've never had issues with grip before for extended periods after off roading (mud and dirt dosn't help grip :p). So providing the tyres arn't bald or caked with mud and general dirt I dont' see why you'd have any issues other then the road being wet!

If your finding you're still sliding around or feel like you are when driving normally in the city or town, you may want to take it in for a service or to have steering and tyres looked at. Something may have been damaged during an outing ;).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts