Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Jimny. When I move away from being stationery there is a grinding sound from under the car for maybe a second or two and at no other time can I hear it.

Also (I haven't had the car very long) I don't think when the car has been running a while that it happens either. For example puling away from traffic lights - only after it has been stationery for a time.

What is this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized the title could be seen as a rather outré thread... may explain 45 views but no replies. Sorry if you were disappointed!

I've found out what it is! I began to think because it only happens after the car has been standing and the grind sounds controlled and mechanical: not a raspy grating, that it maybe the 4WD engaging in some way, either the traction or differential... wasn't exactly sure what I was talking about!... so I drove it 60kms to the Suzuki worksop in Badajoz who immediately told me it was indeed the traction engaging, common to 4WDs...

So I'm not just relieved but happy I didn't panic and think the main drive bearings were shot...

:lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Most of us do not have Jimny's but that really should not happen unless you'er trying to burn rubber with your poor Jumny.

But it nice to hear its nothing bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts