Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum while searching for info on my upcoming heart transplant for my 1985 SJ 410.
Am a 41yo country boy from Oregon.
I built my Toyuki from a SJ 410 roller that was rescued from the recyclers and a pile of some one elses Toyota junk.
I ask that before theose who are purists chastise me for creating an abomination finish reading before passing judgement.

The start of the build was a rolling body and broken an non operational mismatched parts. The wiring had been cut and spliced it looked like an electrical frankensteins monster. Too many splices and different colors to chase down and properly connect.
I helped build a Toyota based tuff truck so the spare parts we did not use became mine as payment for my labor.

Over the next nine months a mud runner and crawler hybrid came to life.

Here is the current from stock mods:
Sprung over on Toyota axles
Custom ifs dl
Trail tuff yj springs
Custom made boomerang spring hangers
Shackle swap and extended to 83" wb
22r engine w 5spd and currently a single t case
Chevy 1 wire 110 amp alt
4.10 gears
6" bushwhacker flares to make it street legal (traded for my stock flares)
35/15.50/15 TSL SWAMPERS
78 Ford shock towers for the longer travel shocks
Stinger w winch protector/ support tubes
Nerf bars/steps/sliders (wife didn't see sliders/nerf bars in the budget but a step was) lol
Full 6pt cage
9k winch
Custom rear bumper
Led tail, turn, and markers
Basicly it is a Suzuki shell, frame, and steering column with 80 to 89 Toyota hilux parts

Now I am planning to change the power plant to an ALH VW TDI since I wanted a diesel engine to start with in my build but could not find one.
Thanks for reading and am looking forward to learning more and helping those I can with what I have learned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts