Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day and cheers to all!

I purchased my 2002 Chevy Tracker 4WD 2.5L V6 about a year ago and it's been a fantastic vehicle for the mountainous driving we have Guatemala City. The "power" and "OD off" features are so incredibly valuable in this type of driving environment for uphill and downhill travel. There was a recent landslide that washed debris into the road and the Tracker navigated it like a champ. I've even had to do water washout crossings on roads that suddenly have a river flowing across them (that's Guatemala!) and the 4WD on the fly is has never failed. I also really like the CAD 4WD feature rather than auto locking hubs, but I've noticed my 4wd switching pump has a small leak which forces it to switch on and off as the pressure in the differential diaphragm goes down. This makes the 4WD flicker on and off intermittently but has no affect on the 4WD system. It simply maints pressure as it should, although the extra strain on the pump might cause premature death, it's not a big deal. Sorry, got rambling there. Hope I can share ideas with you all and help out in anyway possible!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome!!:):):)
Thanks so much! I've gotten so much great info from this forum that I had to join. Actually there are a huge number of Grand Vitara/Trackers here in Guatemala. The locals hold them in high regard because of their efficiency and durability when navigating the rough roads and heavy rains. The majority of Tracker/Vitaras actually come from the USA. They are known as "rodado" vehicles which means they were totaled out in the states and then brought here to be repaired and sold. Since there are no inspection requirements or regulations regarding re-certifying vehicles with damaged frames etc.. mechanics here make repairs and then resell them at pretty much KBB prices! My Tracker was totaled in New Jersey about 10 years ago, still has the dealer sticker under the lic plate. You'd never know it was totaled other than the fact that it's missing it's airbags. Which I kind of prefer driving here in Guate because you never really go any faster than about 45mph due to the mountainous terrain so a minor bump won't blast me in the face with an air bag deployment!
Thanks again for the kind welcome!
Cheers,
Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts