Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I bought a Suzuki Every Joy Pop. During start up of the engine there is a grating noise. After the engine is warmed up. The sound disappears, Can anyone tell me what is the problem. Any answer is much appreciated. Thank You.

Nikko

·
Registered
33 Posts
is it a metal to metal sound, or a whining high pitch sound. might just be your belts are too loose or are old already. check the condition of your belts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@gnm593 I dont know where the sound is coming from but definitely coming from inside of the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you changed your oil lately? Could be piston ring and cylinder making the scratching noise. According from a mechanic I talked to, you should not step on the gas pedal too much when you first start your engine in the morning especially when the engine has not been running for a while. Why? Before starting, almost all of the oil is in the oil pan, there are little oil clinging in you piston ring and cylinder. After starting, the oil pump starts pumping oil through you engine to lubricate things, but its not that instant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh okay i see, well maybe it's because i press too much on the gas before starting the engine. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
bro - could be a worn out water pump. just try to check your water pump. there's a possibility that the propeller is already touching the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts