Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experienced this or know what the problem might be. My Grand Vitara recently had it's gear box replaced and ever since then it has had intermittent starting problems. It turns but it sounds like there's no fuel. When you plug in an diagnostic or OBD Reader it doesn't spit out any errors but the car starts so I'm guessing it has to be something to do with the control box and the fuel delivery/ management. Once I start the car with an OBD reader plugged in it starts and drives absolutely fine. Has anyone had this before or can anyone point me in the right direction to get it fixed because it's at the point that I've lost confidence in the car. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm in the UK near between Reading and London. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
Check to see if any to chassis grounding cables at the trans or engine were inadvertently left off during the repair efforts.

Reactions: Georgec44

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check to see if any to chassis grounding cables at the trans or engine were inadvertently left off during the repair efforts.
Thanks for that Max. I'll have a look. I really do hope it something as simple as that.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,239 Posts
The DLC connector has 2 grounds attached (4&5), one is the ECU the other is the chassis.. a non start, then start with the OBD code reader attached is an indicator that the ECU ground is not continuous, the reader is supplying the ground continuity...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts