Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Can anyone help please. We have a grand Vitara sport 55 plate.
the washer wipers stopped working the other day. Checked the fuses under the bonnet. They are all good. But since thenleft side indicator has stopped working. And the wipers start when indicating left. Of the wipers are turned on intermittent setting they wipe once and then constantly on. Also random rear wiper going when breaking. Any ideas please. Need help

· Administrator
19,493 Posts
The first challenge here is determining what a grand Vitara sport 55 plate is - you're posting in the second gen (1999~2005) section, but, there was, as far as I know, never a second gen Grand Vitara Sport, so I'm thinking you might have a third gen. Why does it matter, third gens control the wipers using a BCM (Body Control Module), second gens don't.

The symptoms suggest a defective ground.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first challenge here is determining what a grand Vitara sport 55 plate is - you're posting in the second gen (1999~2005) section, but, there was, as far as I know, never a second gen Grand Vitara Sport, so I'm thinking you might have a third gen. Why does it matter, third gens control the wipers using a BCM (Body Control Module), second gens don't.

The symptoms suggest a defective ground.
Thank you for the reply. I have no idea on generation. It’s my dads car and he’s 73 so will try and find iut

· Registered
14,010 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I have no idea on generation. It’s my dads car and he’s 73 so will try and find iut
What year was it built? 55 plate? 1955? Not likely.

· Registered
14,010 Posts
Does it look like this pic? If so, bad ground for the washer pumps and left front of the car would be my guess. Check the ground on the body up by the headlight, theres one bolted up there by the relay block / ECM. Needs to be a clean bright metal to metal contact.
Are the side (park) lights playing up in that corner?

Access to the pumps if you ever need to is via removal of inner wheel arch liner, take wheel off, remove liner. Pumps are tucked away under the washer resivoir bottle.

Attachments

· Registered
14,010 Posts
Ok, so its a 2nd gen, my advice will not work. Different vehicle.

· Administrator
19,493 Posts
No, it should still hold true - late 2005 second gens should have the washer pumps in the left front fender, along with the indicator ground, and if the ground is poor you can get a backfeed through the pumps into the wipers and all sorts of crazy symptoms.

· Registered
14,010 Posts
Electrically it would ho,d true, I just wasn't sure of the ground location on the 2nd gen model. Its obvious on the 3G when you look. Hopefully its that simple.

Tug on the earth wires where they crimp into the lug too, not uncommon fir them to corrode at the crimp point

· Administrator
19,493 Posts
As far as you can see is not good enough, remove them wire brush them & refit - there's a 99% probability that your symptoms are caused by one or more bad grounds somewhere on the vehicle.

· Registered
14,010 Posts
You still have a bad ground. Done the one behind the grille? The fact you have now stopped the left front indicator tells me you have disturbed at least one ground. Have you checked them all with a test light? Its quite possible you have a broken wire at one of the crimps or a high resistance connection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts