Suzuki Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Dobinson's springs are a known item and there is no reason to doubt them. The Webco shocks... that seems to be a complete unknown. There isn't much about them on the web (or their website for that matter) so I'd be leary.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm concerned about whether that fits, I thought Escuardo was an older vehicle, Dobinson don't make a 2" for 2005+ anymore, only 40mm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually, that definately doesn't fit, look in the full description at the "suits" section.
I love that the shocks are "Start[sic] of the Art" and have a 3 year warranty as long as you don't have an upgraded exhaust system??

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
"Escudo" is the term they use for "Grand Vitara" in the Asian market, Aussie and Nz get the GV, everybody else gets the Escudo which is why all the Jap imports have "escudo" on the tailgate

·
Registered
63 Posts
"Escudo" is the term they use for "Grand Vitara" in the Asian market, Aussie and Nz get the GV, everybody else gets the Escudo which is why all the Jap imports have "escudo" on the tailgate
I see. That kit still doesn't fit the 2014 though, all the engines listed are pre 2008.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
yeah, the amount of lift kits for the post 2008 on series are slim pickings.

Ignore the engine , body style changes are what matters. I have a 2015, but the underbody Armour for the 2008 model fits with no mods, same bolt holes. Engines changed but the body didn't. Major change was the disk brakes on the rear on the later models. As long as you are looking at that which i think was 2008 on, then there should be no difference in lift kits.

ARB do an old man Emu 20 mm kit https://www.arb.com.au/suzuki-grand-vitara-2012-present/old-man-emu-4x4-suspension/

Ironman do a 40 mm SUZ019BKG is the kit name http://www.ironman4x4.co.nz/products/suspension-kits/suspension/grand-vitara-2005-suspension-kit-performance-with-gas-shocks-lwb

check the kits tho, as the pictures on the websites don't match the contents. The GV will have Macpherson front struts, not plan shocks.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
"Escudo" is the name used for a wide range of Suzuki 4WDs built from 1989 to present and sold primarily in the Japanese market - the rest of the world got the same vehicles badged as Sidekicks, Vitaras, Grand Vitaras & XL-7s.

Suzuki sold the Grand Vitaras in many markets besides Australia & New Zealand.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is not really the right thread for this discussion, In sorry I brought it up. The lift kit that the member was asking about will not fit their vehicle. I have the ironman on my 09 SWB for around 10 months, didn't quite get the advertised lift but have been happy so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is not really the right thread for this discussion, In sorry I brought it up. The lift kit that the member was asking about will not fit their vehicle. I have the ironman on my 09 SWB for around 10 months, didn't quite get the advertised lift but have been happy so far.
Do you recall what shocks etc were in the kit?

There seems to be many variants on each lift and branded kit. I am being recommended ironman but with toughdog parts?

One month I am like 'ok I'll get OME'...next month 'pretty sure its gonna be Ironman...then 'Dobinsons for sure' ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
30 mm lift

I am planning a 30 mm lift using spacers. Will camber adjustment bolts be needed for the front suspension ?

Thanks.

Sridhar V

·
Registered
8 Posts
Usually no need camber bolts with 30mm lift.
We have camber bolts 12 and 14mm.

Hi alex,

Im planning to purchase one of your kits the 40mm/45mm? Anyways, im just really worried if theres any further modification or part to be installed required for your kit? Im just worried about the rear strut. Does it need any extensions to be fitted before installing the spacer kit?? Please reply asap.

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
You're replying to an a three year old post, and tema4x4 hasn't been active in the past three years, so maybe find a different way to contact him, or look for a different kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're replying to an a three year old post, and tema4x4 hasn't been active in the past three years, so maybe find a different way to contact him, or look for a different kit.
Thanks bro. But do you have any idea about this kit just in case?

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
What kit would that be? I suggest you start at the top of the thread and carefully read your way through it - see if the question you're asking is relevant to the person you're asking.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lots of reading but you will find the answer in the post. Lots of info and lift options.
Keep your lift from 30-40 mm and you will be fine.
Always a good idea to extend the rear shock or nstall a longer shock.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by the last sentence plse

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does anyone have any opinions on the benefits/ problems of merely using strut and spring block lifters as opposed to totally new springs and shockers. Big difference in out lay. I have no experience in lifting so would welcome knowledgeable input. Reading this thread it appears to be consensus that 40mm is max that won't cause CV problems.
Greg

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Strut and block spacers lift but do not extend or alter travel. Matched longer struts and springs give lift and in most cases increased travel which is an advantage off road in the bumpy stuff where that extra wheel movement might stop you getting stuck.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Then again, you will only get that extra movement providing the weight to spring/shock load is balanced and much more detail.
I don't think he's wanting to rock crawl though.
For just lift, I used a coil over set of struts on my 99. I also extended the control arms & drive shaft to center the wheels. The set was for a Subaru and is adjustable. I have not had any issues, though if I did it again I would go with a set for a Honda to soften it up a bit more.

Don

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
I know the terrain in Australia, it's not so much the rocks but there's some big ruts that get carved out on the tracks to the nice getaway spots

81 - 100 of 106 Posts