Suzuki Forums banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
You poor Aussies, with a government that does things.

Come drive in British Columbia, there is certainly no such regulations here :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Gibbs,
I did a bus onto a Glacier there (what's left of one) in the middle of this year while the fires we going. Those buses are beasts!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have done some more reading on this subject today. The VSB 14 they are discussing does apply to WA, however the article it incorrect. I can't see what date it was published, so it may have applied to an earlier version.
The article I linked to was written in November, 2016. That is a full 12 months AFTER what you have referred to, and a full 12 months since it was law (in NSW).

·
Registered
63 Posts
The article I linked to was written in November, 2016. That is a full 12 months AFTER what you have referred to, and a full 12 months since it was law (in NSW).
That is what the law they are referring to is. Click the link I provided and see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Giiba, I’m from Vic BC. Wondering if you figured out the best lift kit yet?
Best? Not sure... but I am moving forward and acquiring parts.

Today I took delivery of some key parts so I'm thinking of this. I have a slightly unusual plan.

Front:
- stock coils
- ironman struts
- 37mm spacers

Rear:
- stock coils
- Bilstein 5100 shocks
- 25mm spacers

My goal is a modest lift, and to level the vehicle a bit. I'll probably cut down the rear spacers to 20mm or so to lift just 25mm in the rear. This way I'll lift the front 12mm more and level it slightly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is what the law they are referring to is. Click the link I provided and see for yourself.
Clicking on the link then scrolling right down to the bottom of the document shows that it was last updated 18 December 2015.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will indeed.

I'm waiting on new coil isolaters for the front, and need to buy the rear shocks. Everything else is sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Giiba what’s a good place to service GV and access spare parts in Vancouver area ?
At this point nowhere. Parts are available within a day or two but rather expensive. My plan is to act as preventatively as possible by buying parts on RockAuto.com

Doing so I have replaced my drums, shoes, and hardware of the rear brakes for the same cost as just drums localy.

As for repair, it'll go to my usual mech as he's old-school awesome. I'm not sure I'm willing to share his info as he's terribly busy already :p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Somehow I don't think that's quite correct - what happens if the vehicle cannot be "body lifted" as is the case with a 3G GV?
Could you explain why please?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Clicking on the link then scrolling right down to the bottom of the document shows that it was last updated 18 December 2015.
Yeah, and it's the current law, as accessed from the Government Website. That link is to the government website...it overrules some forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it me, or was Zukination/Altered Ego not mentioned? I picked up there 4.5" kit that alters the wheelbase out to 100" even on my 03, 4 door tracker. Should be here in a week or so. Once the install is done, I'll post my results.

·
Super Moderator
13,163 Posts
Somehow I don't think that's quite correct - what happens if the vehicle cannot be "body lifted" as is the case with a 3G GV?
Could you explain why please?
A "body lift" is done by lifting the body of the vehicle away from the chassis - third generation GVs (and I believe all later generations) are monocoque or unibody construction - there is no separate chassis, so body lifts cannot be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any new consensus on the best value lift kit for an early 2014 GV Sport 4x4 auto?

I am looking for between 40-50mm lift and must be completely legal in NSW. The tyres are only fairly new so I'd like to get a bit more life out of them before upsizing. I'm planning on doing a trip to Fraser Island and some occasional light 4x4ing apart from that. 90-95% of the time will be spent normal road driving.

I note that Dobinsons seem to be well reviewed. I found a set of Dobinsons springs with Webco shocks on eBay for $599 delivered. Does anyone have any experience with these or is it worth paying the extra $400 for Dobinsons shocks as well? I'd be looking to have the kit professionally installed.

2" HD Lift Kit Webco Shock Dobinsons Coil Spring For SUZUKI Grand Vitara Escudo
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-HD-Lift-Kit-Webco-Shock-Dobinsons-Coil-Spring-For-SUZUKI-Grand-Vitara-Escudo/232824138147?hash=item36356669a3:g:J6YAAOSwBWJbXWou&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=dobinsons+40mm+grand+vitara&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=1|1|1

61 - 80 of 106 Posts