Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anybody help me with central locking/ immobilizer problem. My Suzuki is a 2001 SQ625 Grand Vitara Limited Edition Sports. I am having intermittent trouble with starting engine after unlocking car, Sometimes after unlocking with remote button the dash lights go crazy and when you turn key nothing happens just like if auto wasn't in park position. It is driving us crazy and my daughter has been getting stuck too many times to be safe. Any help or advise please.

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Find an auto electrician - my suspicion is a relay with dirty contacts - one alternative, if this only happens after the unlock button is used is to stop using the remotes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fordem, Thanks for the advise. I have tried not using remote entry and unlocked door with key and it fails every time. The dash lights go crazy and if i use remote button to lock and unlock it sometimes works then car will start. Just to clarify engine doesn't even turn over when it fails. Does the remote have anything to do with immobilizer if in fact my vehicle has one ?? or does it just unlock the doors ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PROBLEM SOLVED. There was a relay running to the starter motor that i found with a loose ground wire. I relocated relay with a solid ground and all fixed. I can now unlock doors and start motor with key only and not use button if not wanted. My suspicion on no immobilizer correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts