Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am trying to remove throttle body for cleaning and checking. I am following service manual but dont understand.
I just want to remove it from intake collector. It has four screws. I disconnected all sensors as described but there are two hoses very difficult to remove from body. One upper and one lower in the middle down the body. No acces to release the clamp. Removing all the unit, body + intake collector is more difficult since intake has 3 screws facing back of engine and one of those screws is not accessible.
So my question is, some real practical steps to remove the throttle body without removing more than necessary.
Also I would like to remove and clean injectors.
Can MAF sensor be sprayed with electronics spray cleaner ?
MY TPS is original from car manufactured. No issues. Can be cleaned with same spray ?
Thank you very much.
Christian

·
Super Moderator
18,422 Posts
See if these help...

I would trust only purposely formulated MAF Cleaner for that duty. I would use it as aTPS cleaner as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See if these help...

I would trust only purposely formulated MAF Cleaner for that duty. I would use it as aTPS cleaner as well.
Thank you .
this is the only video related. But that video doesnt show how they could remove throttle body from intake or intake from engine. They "jumped" that part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey! First post!

I have some recent experience removing since I am in the middle of doing an overhaul of intake & valve cover gaskets. Hoses were tough, but I found that if you remove the clamps and let it sit for a bit, they loosen up a bit (I waited overnight and the next day all came off no problem). A pair of hose pliers really helps out, pinch and twist to break the seal and they should wiggle off. Removing the fuel rail and injectors are really help with having the room, and definitely worth a clean based on the condition of mine. I was able to get the throttle body off without removing the intake so you shouldn't have to go that far. The toughest part is probably the connector that's plugged into the egr valve that's connected to the bottom of the throttle body, it's on the backside of the unit so really tough to get a purchase on or see what you're doing (connector faces to the right side of engine). I had to remove most of the intake manifold to be able to easily remove that connector, but I think with some determination you could get off but it's definitely a bugger. I'll post a few pics, including the connector that's on the bottom of the throttle body, might help!

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much Jack.
I am really frustrated since to remove a) must remove b) and c)... Different to what indicates the Service Manual.
How could you remove intake collector, where the throttle body is attached ? It has two ends with three nuts each, left side and right side of engine. Two nuts of them are easily to be removed but the third which is the lowest position is extremely difficult to reach. I have no tools to reach. I don't know any to be used on it.

Also TPS has some specifications to be checked. The old is different from indicated impedance, so supposed to be replaced. I bought a new one and it has same impedances as old...

Your help is much appreciated.
Regards,
Christian.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Jack,
I am just checking details on those pictures you have attached. That engine is different to mine.
My engine is H25A 1999. I think your engine is H27A.
They are different on all injection section.
Regards,
Christian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much Jack.
I am really frustrated since to remove a) must remove b) and c)... Different to what indicates the Service Manual.
How could you remove intake collector, where the throttle body is attached ? It has two ends with three nuts each, left side and right side of engine. Two nuts of them are easily to be removed but the third which is the lowest position is extremely difficult to reach. I have no tools to reach. I don't know any to be used on it.

View attachment 98433 View attachment 98434

Also TPS has some specifications to be checked. The old is different from indicated impedance, so supposed to be replaced. I bought a new one and it has same impedances as old...

View attachment 98431 View attachment 98432
Your help is much appreciated.
Regards,
Christian.
No problem hopefully I can help a bit!

The difficult to reach bolts are definitely the toughest ones to remove, I used a close-ended 12mm wrench which worked perfectly, it's low profile helped to get fully seated, especially on the bottom outside ones. I'll embed a picture of the wrench I used. If you remove all the wiring harness brackets and hoses you should be able to push the collector around more easily to get room to separate it from the central intake. Also, removing the coil pack harness from valve covers helped with having room as well.

It might be tough to do without removing the whole intake, but since you are going through all the work it's not much extra to take it all off. New gasket kit is cheap and getting a chance to clean under there is nice too!

I haven't checked the TP sensor, had no issues before so I won't mess with it haha. But I will check impedance just to see if I get a similar result to you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Jack,
I am just checking details on those pictures you have attached. That engine is different to mine.
My engine is H25A 1999. I think your engine is H27A.
They are different on all injection section.
Regards,
Christian.
This is true, but hopefully similar enough that you can apply some of what I did!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to remove throttle body for cleaning and checking. I am following service manual but dont understand.
I just want to remove it from intake collector. It has four screws. I disconnected all sensors as described but there are two hoses very difficult to remove from body. One upper and one lower in the middle down the body. No acces to release the clamp. Removing all the unit, body + intake collector is more difficult since intake has 3 screws facing back of engine and one of those screws is not accessible.
So my question is, some real practical steps to remove the throttle body without removing more than necessary.
Also I would like to remove and clean injectors.
Can MAF sensor be sprayed with electronics spray cleaner ?
MY TPS is original from car manufactured. No issues. Can be cleaned with same spray ?
Thank you very much.
Christian
You want to clean the injectors?
Look, I applaud your enthusiasm in doing this work yourself but DONT even think of touching the injectors with your basic skills you may have, these need to be done by professional technicians who carry out tests on them before even trying to clean them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts