Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just bought a Garmin C320 touchscreen GPS. It's got this stupid base, sticks to the windshield and comes with a plate you stick to your dash, where you can also attatch it. but it doesn't stick to the plate on the dash. Falls off after 15 minutes or so of driving. Anyone have any ideas for installing this more professionally. for now it's just stuck on my windshield, top left corner. It has an 8 hour battery, so to keep the cables outta my way i run it off batteries most the time. What do ya think?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I really honestly couldn't tell you, but running someting like that off battery isn't good. Also if you show some pics of how you got it..it might help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why don't you have an enclosure fabricated out of fiberglass to contour your dash and surround the gps unit. Then run the wires behind your dash.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's an idea, i wanna hold out until i get an all-in-one gps\media\pc before i start fiberglassing my dash though. i might back something removeable for this GPS though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DeRoc23 said:
how much did u send on ur GPS
send = spend?
$300 canadian, it was on sale for a good price so i grabbed it. it's just to hold me over until i get my in car PC up and running.

·
Registered
321 Posts
nice im investing in a car all in one audio/theater
its either between kenwood or panasonic its a sit in touch screen with navigation,DVD,prayer,ipod adaptor,multi media adaptor,USB input,live TV feed,cd-r cd-rw and other format player its pretty neat but the prices range the kenwood is 1200 AND the panasonic is 1400 thats rounding it off

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1200USD? that's pretty cheap, there's an all in one Pioneer i've been eyeing for $2000CDN.

·
Registered
321 Posts
dtx said:
1200USD? that's pretty cheap, there's an all in one Pioneer i've been eyeing for $2000CDN.
yeah pioneer is good but i really want the kenwood im wait for the winter to come because where im buying it frm they always do a sale for x-mas do i might just buy it then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts