Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I got Iggy back today. They had to order a new driveshaft from Germany as the existing one had its thread stripped when they removed the bearing bolt cos it had been peened over and so caught the thread as they unbolted it.
I was glad to get away from the Swift but the Ignis is a little less powerful.:(

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Butchers in the workshop! Must have been a kid apprentice doing the job?
They, the garage, firmly blamed Suzuki assembly. Funny thing is I never doubted them as they said they had seen this before.:mad:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
They, the garage, firmly blamed Suzuki assembly. Funny thing is I never doubted them as they said they had seen this before.:mad:
want to laugh. Saw the same thing on a shaft on one in for its 10,000 kms service today, looks like a factory stake mark on the end of 2 of the bolts, and they had a factory pen stripe on them. I will see if i can find anything in the online documents about this in the repair guides next time i'm logged on to the service portal.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Normally the only way a factory robot would fu#%-up a thread would be with human interaction - sabotage. The sad thing is, humans place too much trust and faith in other humans that are in business to make money, not friends.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
The only way a factory robot would fu#%-up a thread would be with human interaction - sabotage. The sad thing is, humans place too much trust and faith in other humans that are in business to make money, not friends.
these parts are mostly hand assembled, robots do not do driveline components usually.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
OK - human factors!
yeah, but the marks on the one in the shop looked purpose done, not accidental, like they had been hit by a sharp edge and peened to prevent loosening

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
want to laugh. Saw the same thing on a shaft on one in for its 10,000 kms service today, looks like a factory stake mark on the end of 2 of the bolts, and they had a factory pen stripe on them. I will see if i can find anything in the online documents about this in the repair guides next time i'm logged on to the service portal.
Pretty much what I was told! Imagine if I had waited to get the judder done out of warranty in a few years time and needed a new shaft!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG, these things are assembled in Japan. How do errors happen there?
They also took down the other side and I wanted new on both.;)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
OMG, these things are assembled in Japan. How do errors happen there?
I'm suspecting its done deliberately, this one had 2 bolts that "looked" different and they had the ubiquitous factory inspection pen mark on the peened over end

1 - 12 of 12 Posts