Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aerio is very smooth running car. I have had not any major problem so far.
But I am not satisfied with mechanics in the service departments because they really don’t know much about this car.
I’m very worried regarding future. If any major problem occurs, then what would I do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ericc ! Wonder…..Why are you getting worried regarding future? Firstly, you want face such type of problem or if it occurs you can directly contact directly to company dealer. I you’re not aware by the fact it is most running car around North America.

Originally posted by ericc@Jul 22 2004, 12:04 PM
Aerio is very smooth running car. I have had not any major problem so far.
But I am not satisfied with mechanics in the service departments because they really don’t know much about this car.
I’m very worried regarding future. If any major problem occurs, then what would I do?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ericc you don't say where you live but there are lots of dealers out there so if you are not happy with your dealer them perhaps a member can suggest another in your aera. Also remember that a good mechanic is good on any car. Talk to the mechanics at your dealer and find one you like. Then request him every time your car goes in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not too happy with my 2003 Aerio SX. When my wife & I bought it (almost 2 years ago - with 6 miles on it), we thought it was a really nice car for the $$. Now at almost 2 years old, with 58,000 miles on it - the dealer is telling me the engine seized due to "excessive sludge" - even considering the fact that I've done oil changes at 3500 mile intervals (maintenance book shows every 7500 miles) - the service writer suggested I purchase a "used engine" to put back in the car.......Hmmm.......there's still 42,000 miles left on the powertrain (engine) warranty.........trying to squeeze more $$ out of a turnip??!! If anyone has any more information about engine problems, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey jsproles you say you changed your oil yourself, did you keep any record of it (reciepts) if you got proof you changed it or had it changed every 3500 miles you should have no problem making them fix it under the warrenty( this is what our sales guy told us) it sounds like BS the guy is feeding you good luck

wes

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah I got some suggestions...go back to your dealer and tell him and your Suzuki rep that they need to eat it!

You tell them that its the friggin silicone on the oil pain that starved the motor! and if they pull the pan they will find EXCESSIVE silicone, which Id care to bet caused the motor to seize...then, if they still dispute it...tell them to PROVE IT! Get a sample of your oil if you can, have it analyzed at an independent lab.

The silicone thing, unfortunately, may become a more common thing...but yours isnt the first oil starved motor to seize.

·
Registered
12 Posts
But it doesn't always work that way, although the guys at my service dept are great they can only do so much and when the rep showed up he was a pig. Everything was my fault and no a Suzuki issue. He talked down to us as if we knew nothing about cars, it took my husband getting nasty with him and letting him know he knows a thing about cars to get him to finally do something. Don't forget you can complain to Suzuki if the service you are getting is not good enough. We were tired of dealing with all our problems and feared future problems so we traded it in. Hopefully no more problems for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Limey, the Aerio SX is a great car.. I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with it though... :( I got mine used with 24k miles on it over a year ago, not a single problem with it since... I've replaced the brakes and tires, done my normal oil changes, and a few things here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary... like a new trany or anything like that. I hear that the resale value isn't good on it, what did you trade it in for?

[sMaLLs]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got an 05 Dodge Neon SXT. It's a nice car, my husband had one a few years ago and loved it so he was glad to be getting another one. I got $9000 for the Aerio which left me $2000 negative equity but with the rebates we got a good deal. That is only way to buy a car these days, you get negative equity the minute you drive it off the lot that's why we could only trade it in if the rebates were good. It doesn't have all the extras that the Aerio has, 6 CD changer, lots of storage space and the outdoor thermometer(which I really miss) but it's a nice car and the Aerio had to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
jsproles I am having the very same problem right now. I have a 2002 Suzuki Aerio with 39,000 miles on it. It recently spun a bearing and is now at the shop. The dealership told me it was due to "excessive sludge".

I do my own oil changes also. They told me to send them my maintence log that I keep on my computer. Sent it and that wasn't good enuogh. They wanted reciepts, emailed them the copies that I have. Then they called today and wanted the originals of the copies that I already sent them. So I took them down this morning.

They have had the car since July 12. It is now July 18 and I am still waiting to hear from them to see if they are going to fix the car or not. I have a 70,000 mile powertrain warranty on the car and am getting very frusrated with this so called rep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts