Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like UI said, i'm gonna rebuild my 1.3. I have the new midrange cam, new rockers, gonna get the flat top pistons. what else do I need to make this rebuild go smooth ? as in pilot bearings, or main or cam bearings....water pump, oil pump, one of the pre-assyemled rebuild kits with parts and gaskets......and the list goes on....oh I do have a new set of motor mounts on order also yup drivers side bad.

so let me know what i need guys.

Basnbud

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
Start by determining what's worn on the engine and how worn it is - have a machine shop mike the bores & tell you what size pistons (& rings) you need, have them mike the crank journals and tell them what size bearings you need (probably standard).

I would not consider a rebuild complete without new bearings (main & rod, these engines don't use cam bearings) new water pump (the oil pumps rarely wear, you can check it with a feeler guage), new timing belt, of course all seals & gaskets, and if the clutch has more than a few thousand miles on it, replace that as well.

Check the valves, they may not need more than just lapping, but if necessary a 3 angle valve job and new seals.

Pre-assembled rebuild kits are fine, but make sure you specify the sizes of piston & bearings you need - talk to Sean at Low Range Off Road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts