Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daily driver in the winter is an S10 pickup with a 2.2L engine. Well it blew the head gasket last friday. Its not to bad of a job on this push rod engine. That leaves me to use the Tracker rag top as my daily driver until the S10 is back on the road. Temps this week have been in the 20F to 35F range so not a problem keeping warm in the tracker. Well the weather has changed and the high temps wont get above 10F for the next week according to the weather report. Lows going to more than -10F. This morning it was 0F with a N wind at 25mph and I was heading into the wind.The tracker did OK the coolant temp was in its normal range. I do however have a lot of air leaks so it didn't stay all that warm inside.The S10 likely wont be back on the road for another week because a couple parts that I needed are not here yet. So its the tracker for another week this time in below zero weather. Oh well I used to drive a 1969 Beetle with that air cooled engine every day up here in ND. As long as I don't need a scraper to keep the window clear it will be ok.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It shouldnt be a problem at those temperatures, a lot of us drive them as winter trucks up North. The ragtop might be a bit chilly, and I completely understand the air leaks all over. My old 89 starts up at -40 with relative ease plugged in or not, once it get to a certain cold i throw a piece of cardboard infront of the rad to attempt to build up heat. Good luck with the cold weather convertible, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vehicles sit in a 45F or more garage over nite so morning starts are never a problem ;). Ill likely let it warm up a bit before I drive home. The transmission oil is kind of thick at these temps and the synchronizer for 2nd gear is worn so 2nd grinds a little when its this cold. A 5 or 10 min warmup will do the trick. The last part I need for the S10 wont be here until Monday and next week is my long week and I have to work sat. That means 1 week or more until the S10 is done. I do all the mechanics myself and Im not a speedy guy. Its good to have more than 1 vehicle to drive. No pressure to get the job done quick.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I do all the mechanics myself and Im not a speedy guy. Its good to have more than 1 vehicle to drive.
Hence, why I have so many vehicles, lol.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I try to have two of whatever I'm driving,so now I have two Trackers and two S trucks, I also have two lawn tractors,snow blowers,push mowers,weed wackers and motor cycles.{I miss the dump}

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Do we qualify for hoarders? :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
-21 real temp, rag top Kick.... still had to turn fan off high. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.