Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a new head unit into my girlfriend's Forenza. Using the wire harness diagram from Suzuki, wired up the new deck. The fuse on the head unit and car blew immediately. I question the reliability of the wire harness diagram that the Suzuki service site provides. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey elodie.....the only think that comes to my mind is the color code for the diagram is weird L/B = blue with black stripe not light blue . so the power wire that comes from the car is blue with a black stripe and if you have an aftermarket radio it should connect this to the red wire with the fuse in it . hope this help u in solving ur problem........bye & good luck..

Originally posted by Elodie@Aug 4 2004, 02:40 PM
I was installing a new head unit into my girlfriend's Forenza. Using the wire harness diagram from Suzuki, wired up the new deck. The fuse on the head unit and car blew immediately. I question the reliability of the wire harness diagram that the Suzuki service site provides. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how did you get around it?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Suzuki wiring diagram will not work. It is not the same wiring as the Forenza. Use a Daewoo wiring diagram. Wanna know why(see my first post). Or use a test light and a household battery. With your ignition off you can check each wire(thicker ones) for constant power this will be the direct wire to the battery. With ignition on this wire should be hot(on) and you should find another one that is hot as well. When you turn the ignition of with your test light still attached to the second wire it should go cold(off). If this is the case you know this is the ignition wire or remote wire as it is sometimes called. Ground will be obvious It will be self tapped (screwed) into the metal somewhere close to the stereo on the metal portions surround the Stereo or HVAC controls under the dash. Follow this wire and tap into it for ground. Do like wise in accordance to the other wires. Now that you have power out of the way you must check to see which speaker is which right? You will need that battery for this. You will have to crimp into the wires remaining. When you get two wires of the same color but one has a stripe of another color this is an indication that those wires are a set, and are diredted to one set of speakers. tap into each and conect one side to the positive and one side to the negative termanals of your battery if you hear static or a pop or any sound from a speaker you know you are on the right track. Label these wires and cary on to the remaining wires and repeat the procedure. The aftermarket instructions should point out which wire is which so just connect them accordingly. DO NOT use electrical tape use the proper butt ends and crimpers or you will run the risk of that tape getting hot and sliding down the wire thus leaving an exposed section of the wire. If this section touches anything grounded it can short out the system. If you want to do this yourself let me know. I can explain it better to you if I have time.

Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts