Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just purchased a 2008 grand vitara and am having problems with 4wd

When it is on N, all of the 4wd lights blink!!!!
When it's on 4H it's fine :/

What can I do to rectify this problem please?!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sounds completely normal. "N" is only for towing the vehicle and you wouldn't normally need the ignition "on." Do you not have an owner's manual?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual says if lights continue to blink there is a problem in the transfer system.

You aren't meant to drive in 4H normally aren't you???
If the car is put in N all indicators blink every 5 seconds or so.... Not normal

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You aren't meant to drive in 4H normally aren't you???
4H is the normal driving mode. It's full-time four wheel drive!

"N" is only for towing the vehicle on all fours with another vehicle over a long distance, engine "off."

If you are trying to put the knob in N at a stop and have not put the auto gearstick in N and stepped on the brake it will not shift and the lights will continue to blink.

·
Registered
37 Posts
*Kiwi explained it. Jayde, your new vehicle ALWAYS operates in full-time 4 wheel drive which is why many of us own one.
Your transfer case switch should be in 4H for daily routine driving.
You can choose 4H-Locked in snow or mud conditions to lock the differentials and transfer case to avoid wheel spin and distribute power evenly.
There is really no reason to ever select the N-neutral position unless you are towing the vehicle. It completely disengages the drive-line. It could even roll away from you without warning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys hahaha I'm a bit blonde. Got it in for a service an look over anyway so they will let me know. 4H Works fine lol :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both partial and full-blondes are welcome here, I think.
I'm sorta new too after 2 years.
Search the forum to ensure your topic hasn't been covered already perhaps.
Cheers. Hope you got it worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts