Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 88' zuk makes a kinda grinding noise when I start it sometimes,not all of the time.It may do it 1-3 times before starting up.Would this be my starter or maybe the flywheel not catching?????I had the clicky starter and bought the relay fix for that but I have had this problem for sometime now.Any input??

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Easiest thing to do is to remove the starter and take it to a parts store (Autozone, Checker, Kragens, O'Reilly, etc.) and have them check it. Also take a look at the gear and see if it is worn. You can also (using a small mirror and flashlight) check the gear that goes around the flywheel. This is seen through the hole where the starter came out. This wil give you an idea of what needs to be replaced. many times it is just a bad or worn out starter and it is not kicking out far enough to fully engage the gears. If caught early, you can just replace the starter. If it has damaged the flywheel teeth, you might be pulling the tranny for some flywheel surgery.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man,your just johnny on the spot,lol.I have been having this problem for sometime now but its not all of the time.I will check my starter.thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts