Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
IMO it seems you could get alot out of some tuning. Your Air/fuel ratios are going fairly rich and inconsistent across the board, and if we could get ahold of some adjustable cam gears that could help alot with the drop in torque in the midrange. Dont get me wrong, those are some really nice numbers, but you can squeeze some more from it! Good job, and gorgeous car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea and i want to know why kinky car is not on the page and zipper car is on the page and why you have two different dyno sheet. somethings not right, just asking

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
jaxreno said:
IMO it seems you could get alot out of some tuning. Your Air/fuel ratios are going fairly rich and inconsistent across the board, and if we could get ahold of some adjustable cam gears that could help alot with the drop in torque in the midrange. Dont get me wrong, those are some really nice numbers, but you can squeeze some more from it! Good job, and gorgeous car!
Yes, I have a MSD dis-2 and smt-6 (piggy back) all wired up but have an extreamly crappy tune. I put in a 255 walbro fuel pump and 44lbs/hr injector and we tuned it only so I could get home from Cali to Az then I switched out for some different injectors and let the computer figure it out itself. There no point in paying around $300 for a tune that will need to be retuned once the turbo is running.

·
Registered
165 Posts
kinkyllama said:
Yes, I have a MSD dis-2 and smt-6 (piggy back) all wired up but have an extreamly crappy tune. I put in a 255 walbro fuel pump and 44lbs/hr injector and we tuned it only so I could get home from Cali to Az then I switched out for some different injectors and let the computer figure it out itself. There no point in paying around $300 for a tune that will need to be retuned once the turbo is running.
I think your pump and injector choices are good for a turbo setup, however way way too much for a naturally aspirated engine with your mods. I personally would have waited to install the pump and injectors until you are ready to boost. You are wasting alot of fuel!!! Not to mention losing a good 10-15 horsepower and destroying your O2 sensor! The stock computer is not going to be able to compensate for that amount of fuel, it is just way beyond its capabilities!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Zipper said:
Thanks for blaming me of stealing :eek:
As I stated when I posted the pics, I'm housing them temporaraly ;)
SHoot, Kinkyllama is even listed as a friend.
I apologize, I didnt mean to accuse anyone. I was looking through cardomain and I came across it and it appeared someone was using it. I didnt even realize it was you. I dont know anyone here and I was just trying to lookout for kinky, I would expect the same if someone was using something of mine. My apologies, I hope that I haven't lost my welcome here. :imsorry:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
jaxreno said:
I apologize, I didnt mean to accuse anyone. I was looking through cardomain and I came across it and it appeared someone was using it. I didnt even realize it was you. I dont know anyone here and I was just trying to lookout for kinky, I would expect the same if someone was using something of mine. My apologies, I hope that I haven't lost my welcome here. :imsorry:
It's cool man. Its actually a good thing you were lookin out for me like that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Zipper said:
I got kinkys pics up on a temperary basis

hey kinky you said your car was untune right? I think once you get the car tuned you will see a nice increase across the board. Your Afr could be better you have some really rich moments and some real lean ones. I think with a tune you could get another 7-10 whp out of it.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
IncognitoSpec said:
hey kinky you said your car was untune right? I think once you get the car tuned you will see a nice increase across the board. Your Afr could be better you have some really rich moments and some real lean ones. I think with a tune you could get another 7-10 whp out of it.
Yep. I'm thinking like 5whp with the heat. I wish I had the money to blow on a different exhaust and a tune before the turbo to see what this baby can really make.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts