Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 22nd of this month my cars being dyno'd. I'm not really sure how it'll turn out as the car isn't tuned very well and my engine tuner wants around $250 to tune it which isn't worth it since we will have to retune it as soon as the turbo is on.


Mods: BMS CAI, 2.5" crush bent cat-back exhaust, ground wires, SMT-6 (piggy back), MSD DIS-2, MSD coil packs, MSD spark plug wires, performance clutch/pressure plate, lighter flywheel, 16" 13.5lbs wheels (with heavy competitions tires though), 255 walbro fuel pump, older nubira injectors (long story). I know there is more and I'll add them as I remember.

I might also have a big brake kit on the front which would effect the power output. Not really sure if I will or not.

Just giving a heads up,
Danny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
About freaking time kinky,:D;) I am going to guess you are either close to or in the 200 hp to the wheels, and most probably in the low 200's as far as hp it self goes and I have no idea on your torque. If you can post the dyno sheet.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jurupa said:
About freaking time kinky,:D;) I am going to guess you are either close to or in the 200 hp to the wheels, and most probably in the low 200's as far as hp it self goes and I have no idea on your torque. If you can post the dyno sheet.;)
...with the turbo

I'm hoping for 130whp, 135whp being extreamly optimistic. I think my max hp should be high but the overall power band won't be as good looking due to things like my big exhaust. Though my car isn't even tuned so I'm not sure what to expect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
kinkyllama said:
...with the turbo

I'm hoping for 130whp, 135whp being extreamly optimistic. I think my max hp should be high but the overall power band won't be as good looking due to things like my big exhaust. Though my car isn't even tuned so I'm not sure what to expect.
135whp meaning like what, 150 or so at the crank?

That wouldn't be bad at all IMO. Get you tuned up and you'll probably be 10-15 higher than that.

Keep us posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
exciting times! I can't wait to see either! I'm betting on 130 - 140 peak whp around 5500RPM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
122whp and 132tq was the max out of 6 runs with 2 1/2 min intervals each. The first three runs were with the engine running inbtween and the last three were with it off.

I wasn't sure what to expect after I saw the tempature outside; 95-97degrees. The tq is higher than I expected by alot and the hp is a couple lower than I hoped for.

Keep in mind that 360d dyno were at 45degrees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
It's the heat Kinky. Doesn't matter if the engine was off between. Heat stays trapped. Even if the hood was opened to cool it off a bit, 2 1/2 minutes wouldn't suffice.

At 95 degrees, the engine bay temps were probably upwards of 140-150 near the filter.

But I still think the numbers are good. =)

I will try and get dyno'd here once it cools down. I'll have the heat shield in place and we should see some encouraging results. If I'm even close to your HP I'll be happy.

Remember, stock we are suppsed to rate 126 at the crank and around 101 at the wheels. You have yourself a 20% increase. That's nothing to sneeze at. Combine that with your weight reduction and it's pretty damn good dude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
masterbiscuit said:
It's the heat Kinky. Doesn't matter if the engine was off between. Heat stays trapped. Even if the hood was opened to cool it off a bit, 2 1/2 minutes wouldn't suffice.

At 95 degrees, the engine bay temps were probably upwards of 140-150 near the filter.

But I still think the numbers are good. =)

I will try and get dyno'd here once it cools down. I'll have the heat shield in place and we should see some encouraging results. If I'm even close to your HP I'll be happy.

Remember, stock we are suppsed to rate 126 at the crank and around 101 at the wheels. You have yourself a 20% increase. That's nothing to sneeze at. Combine that with your weight reduction and it's pretty damn good dude.
The reason we did some with the engine off is the dyno tuner said some cars do better with it staying running and some do better without.

Once again, That 101whp for the stock optra was less than half the tempature as my runs (I think it was also 45degrees). So stock in this heat we'd make something like 90whp (rough rough guess).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
kinkyllama said:
122whp and 132tq was the max out of 6 runs with 2 1/2 min intervals each. The first three runs were with the engine running inbtween and the last three were with it off.

I wasn't sure what to expect after I saw the tempature outside; 95-97degrees. The tq is higher than I expected by alot and the hp is a couple lower than I hoped for.

Keep in mind that 360d dyno were at 45degrees.
Not bad, guess I was close with my estimate. Can we see the dyno graph and details?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
kinkyllama said:
The reason we did some with the engine off is the dyno tuner said some cars do better with it staying running and some do better without.

Once again, That 101whp for the stock optra was less than half the tempature as my runs (I think it was also 45degrees). So stock in this heat we'd make something like 90whp (rough rough guess).
That seems like a good estimate. If I can remember the site I found, I'll plug in the numbers just to be sure...heh

But yeah, say 90whp, so now you're up 33% over stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
thatll jump up quite a bit once the turbo is on. i want to see the graphs of now and then again once the turbo is in there. how much boost are you going to be running, BTW??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tallkid said:
thatll jump up quite a bit once the turbo is on. i want to see the graphs of now and then again once the turbo is in there. how much boost are you going to be running, BTW??
I'm going to get the graphs and everything else up later tonight.

6-8psi of boost... then after a few months or a couple track events I will go as high as 12psi on 110octane leaded... Although the budget has been tight latly so I might not use race fuel for along long time (its like 5.50$ a gallon) and just seam how high I can get on 91octane without getting dangerous
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top