Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok 02 tracker with 2.5 v6. I am going to get a timing set and replace my worn out one. So my questions are what all gaskets will I need to get? I know I need to replace the intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets but what all gaskets and seals are there in the front. I look on rock auto and they show a timing cover seal and a crankshaft seal both are different part numbers. Just want to make sure I have everything I need before I tear it down. thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Read the sticky thread on the subject and note the comments on sealant. ;)

You have the Service Manual, yes?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok will do and yes i downloaded them

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks also I never found a torque sequence for the intake is there one or just go from the center out?

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
If there is one, it's in that Service Manual. ;)

If not, yeah center out in several increasing to spec increments, would be a safe bet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
any chance I can get this another way? I cant print it out or download it with out paying. thanks
What do you use to read the forum? If you can pick it up and take it to a library, they usually have free wi-fi. BTW, What's a genuine manual worth?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im using my desktop at home but when I try to print it is messed up from the web page.

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Ask a friend if they can download those two PDF files and print them for you.

The mentioned Library is a good idea too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
im using my desktop at home but when I try to print it is messed up from the web page.
I had some trouble with the original manual but once I figured out the proper clicks is was easy. I'm also on a limited download allowance or I'd try it and give you step by step.

I suggest you try it again and pay close attention to what commands you are giving. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
If you can print at home, then you should be able to at least "cut and paste" the PDF narrative into the body of an e-mail composition, save and print THAT out, minus diagrams at least. :)

Or hit "ALT / Print screen" (developing a screen shot) and paste (right button click) that in an e-mail composition for printing.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured out a way to get it printed. I used my phone and went to the site and it would let me save it as pictures then I uploaded it to my facebook then saved it from there as a picture. I tried to just pull it off my phone but it showed up as a disc image on my phone. anyways I got it all printed out and waiting for all the parts to get here.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I have all the parts to do change the timing chains and parts. Going to start on it when I get home friday from work. Hope to have it done by saturday night but have sunday if not. Hope it all goes well for sure.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i got it apart and the new chains and other parts on and rotated the crank twice. everything lines up. now to finish putting it back together. i will be posting some pictures of my spark plugs they look really bad and want to get opinions on what you think is the issue.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all back together and runs great. No noise from the chains anymore and no blue smoke. I cleaned the valve cover out the best I could with brake clean and drilled a few more holes. Have to drive it for awhile and see if it starts burning oil again. Thanks for all the info.

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Well done! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts