Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any problem with your ignis, minor or serious?...

mine is ok in general, but sometimes i can hear little disturbing sound from the boot

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, so far all is well. The boot problem is probably the flimsy parcel shelf, or those poxy little clips that hold the strings up :angry: mine are always falling off. :angry:
still that aside, it's been a top car so far (touch wood!)
Rigoose :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, speaking for my ride, though it's loads of fun,
but I find the build quality of the mechanicals below par comparatively.

My IS is only 6 months old, but there's already a 2nd rattling sound in the cabin when going over uneven ground. The 1st rattle, which occurs whenever i'm goin over a hump, was apparently due to the brakeline setup gettin in the way. If true, it's real scary if one thinks about the consequences of a damaged brakeline.
Now i'm trying to localise this 2nd rattle before i bring it back to the shop (nope, i've checked and i doubt it's the rear shelf clips ;) )

My driver's window jerks going up or down when wet, and it rattles too when it's fully down inside the door...

Anyone else gets unusual sonds on their rides?

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
"Build quality of mechanicals below par comparitively"? What other vehicles are in the same price range? And youd really rate Suzuki below par???

Im sorry but I just dont see minor rattles can make a car "below par". My Aerio had/has some minor rattles, but they are fairly easy to find and quiet. And if your not up to the challenge, surely you have an excellent earranty just like the rest of us...make them fix it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by ShortBuSX@Jan 16 2005, 12:38 AM
"Build quality of mechanicals below par comparitively"? What other vehicles are in the same price range? And youd really rate Suzuki below par???

Im sorry but I just dont see minor rattles can make a car "below par". My Aerio had/has some minor rattles, but they are fairly easy to find and quiet. And if your not up to the challenge, surely you have an excellent earranty just like the rest of us...make them fix it!
hi ShortBuSX...i ve problem with my IS...i call it a problem cuz the rattling sound over my passenger seat leg compartment comes & disappears during my ride!.. i'd checked & i doubt the rattle is caused by the fibre wires of the audio sysyem whenever they rub each other

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by ShortBuSX@Jan 15 2005, 08:38 AM

I didn't mean the car was below par as a whole; IMHO the job on the mechanicals can certainly be done better. And having own just 1 Suzuki centainly put me in no position to rate Suzukis in general as below par. As mentioned before, I was referring to my ride.
Don't get me wrong, I love the IS, warts and all. Will still get it if I have to choose all over again. But the fact is, other new cars in the same category and type that I driven did not have any rattle in the 1st 6 months, let alone a few. And I'll go no further into warranty, tolerance for rattling sounds, coz it seems going off-topic.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
only prob i've had is taking corners too fast causing the backend to go and power sliding (it's a real rally car!). ended up in the middle of a round about last week, no damage (thank god!) except for bending one of the ally wheels! perfect excuse to buy some 17" s (yay!!!) :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi all. my IS has a minor problem. the interior light and door open indecator flahs on and off when cruzin :blink:

only happens when fast cornerin round left hand bends!! v-strange!

anyone else had this problem? or should i just go right from now on!

as for the minor rattles just drown them out with a 2000w amp 1400w sub and 4 other speakers duz the trick for me :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
My ignis had a prob with rattles from the passenger seat, basically the dealer has been unable to sort out, except to pull the seat forward when it is empty!

If you look further down the postings there is one about driveshafts, it would be worth getting your dealer to get this mod done if they admit to knowing about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
really cant sort out exactly where the rattles come from...but the sound definitely from the passenger seat leg cabin... quite annoying... this happens ever since my IS bumped into a giant hole on motorway at high speed. Road condition here are **** & so tempted to sue the local council for failure to maintain motorway well for public good n safety (i myself is an advocate anyway) :angry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The mp3 player in mine gets really hot after a journey of say 40 miles - its hot to the touch ! Here's hoping it doesn't go up in flames like the company Citroen car did when I was driving it

Firestarter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re rattles from the front, the front passenger seat is known to have a rattle problem, especially if pushed right back. Solutions, as Suzuki don't have one, put the seat right forward or take a passenger!

It appears that with the seat right back it rocks on the floor mountings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Granthamignis@Feb 3 2005, 07:28 PM
Re rattles from the front, the front passenger seat is known to have a rattle problem, especially if pushed right back. Solutions, as Suzuki don't have one, put the seat right forward or take a passenger!

It appears that with the seat right back it rocks on the floor mountings.
but the rattle in my passenger seat only triggers off when i take passenger, if not its perfectly ok... when passenger there, the rattle also not frequent, just few "tak tak" sound as if the driveshaft rocks the floor mounting, but when i check it thorougly after my drive by moving o shaking the passenger seat, strangely it has no sound at all & it seems that the driveshaft is firmly attached to the mounting

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by mf77@Jan 14 2005, 06:13 PM
anyone have any problem with your ignis, minor or serious?...

mine is ok in general, but sometimes i can hear little disturbing sound from the boot

could that be the people you have stashed in the boot trying to get out

j/k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by mf77@Feb 7 2005, 11:00 AM
but the rattle in my passenger seat only triggers off when i take passenger, if not its perfectly ok... when passenger there, the rattle also not frequent, just few "tak tak" sound as if the driveshaft rocks the floor mounting, but when i check it thorougly after my drive by moving o shaking the passenger seat, strangely it has no sound at all & it seems that the driveshaft is firmly attached to the mounting
The "tak tak" sounds like one of my rattles too which is coming from the front passenger seat's adjustment release bar (to slide the seat forwards/backwards). If I push on it slightly while I'm driving the rattle stops. Haven't looked at how to fix it yet though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by smithg@Feb 26 2005, 09:55 PM
The "tak tak" sounds like one of my rattles too which is coming from the front passenger seat's adjustment release bar (to slide the seat forwards/backwards). If I push on it slightly while I'm driving the rattle stops. Haven't looked at how to fix it yet though.
remove the seat altogether and fix it back again!
tats how i ask the acc mechanic to do it & thereafter no rattle at all

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do get noise from passenger’s seat but also found that the stereo rattles a bit, may need to take out CD player and put some foam under stereo on ash tray, that should do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my passenger seat used to ulways rattle, i just took it into the garage and they fixed it on warrenty. something to do with the rails it sits on, its easierly fixed by the garage.

hope that helps.

regards from

bulldog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quick left handers make the interior light flicker.

And when the fuel is low fast left handers also makes the fuel cut out.

There should be a recall for the fueling issue, the interior light is not a problem but fuelling is a safety issue.

Suzuki this is your Forum, you may wish to consider a fuel tank recall, it will be cheaper than a Tort case in the future.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts