Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Iam Ajanpeter from Thailand.I just bought a Suzuki Jeep SJ 413.He runs smooth but I have a singing noise mainly in gear 3-5 and a little trouble with gear 1 and 2. anybody out there who might know what this is and what I schould do to get it fixed.
looking forward to hear from you experts:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
welcom to the forums

what kind of trouble are you having with 1 and 2 gears? Are they popping out of gear, not going into gear, or making strange noises? What year is the SJ and how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. it is a SJ 1989.the gears are not popping out,it is like you got the wrong gear.the biggest trouble is the howling sound which get louder the faster you go.
about 90 000 miles

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
90K miles isn't too bad. I had mine rebuilt at 160K miles and I drive it pretty hard. If it's making a howling noise it's probably bearings. It could also be low on fluid. Is it leaking gear oil? Have you checked the gear box oil to see if there's metal shavings in it or if it needs to be changed? The transmission oil should be clean and free of debris. If its burnt or muddy looking, it's causing too much friction and is due for a change. If it has metal flakes or particles in it then something is binding or broken and it needs to be opened up and examined for damage to the case or the gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts