Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody.
I have a problem that I hope someone can give me an answer to. The gearbox on my Iggy 4x4 has given up the ghost, as i have seen many times on here, replacements are like hens teeth. Could i use a box off a 2wd and add the transfer box to convert it to 4x4. It is a 2002 1.3 gl 4x4. Thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
I can't see the 2WD box having the PTO for the Transfer. If it does, there will be a plate over the hole.

Why don't you get under it and take some clear high quality pictures (not mobile phone unless it's real good) to show us to compare.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 2000ignis. Thank you for a quick response. Car is at the mechanics place, so unable to take photos. Gearbox is off the car and is stripped down. The mechanic has told me that the transfer box fits onto the gearbox where one of the front drive shafts come out. The drive shaft is replaced by a shorter shaft. Hope this make sense. Looking at a parts diagram it list parts for both 2wd and 4wd. I have the chance of a 2wd box on Ebay and don't want to lose the opportunity of buying. I live in Spain and parts are like hens teeth.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Best you talk to a suzuki mechanic or a parts recycler that does a few Ignis. I wouldn't have that knowledge.

As for rare, Australia is bad too. The thing with rare is, perhaps not many people after them as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts