Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Boosterjet 1.4 AllGrip Manual Transmission

Does anyone know how many litres it takes for a transmition/gear oil change?

I want to change the fluids in my gear box, after 35.000km because the feeling of the gear shifting is getting worse. It was bad from the begining but, as it's mostly the case with gear boxes, I hopped that it would go smoother.
I'm going to replace the original Suzuki oils with the recommended PETRONAS TUTELA Transmission Gearforce 75W.

·
Registered
893 Posts
What car do you have ? In as much as I know, Boosterjet equips Suzuki Swift, Baleno et Vitara S . Fill up your profile with all details about car ...
A 1.4 turbo is listed for 2016 S-cross :
K14C — 1.4 L (1,373 cc) 7 DOHC 16-valve VVT turbo, 140 PS (103 kW )..not listed as Boosterjet....but is it the same ?
EDIT: finally, yes, I found info describing the Boosterjet 1.4 in the S-cross....THe S-cross is not available (in fact, all Suzuki cars after 2013 ) in NOrth AMerica (Canada and USA) though sold in Mexico and Brazil and maybe other places in SOUth America(yes, Bolivia) , but it is hard to find all the options available there...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Boosterjet 1.4 AllGrip Manual Transmission

Does anyone know how many litres it takes for a transmition/gear oil change?

I want to change the fluids in my gear box, after 35.000km because the feeling of the gear shifting is getting worse. It was bad from the begining but, as it's mostly the case with gear boxes, I hopped that it would go smoother.
I'm going to replace the original Suzuki oils with the recommended PETRONAS TUTELA Transmission Gearforce 75W.

You should know that suzuki changes free of charge the gear in these cars s-cross 2014 if you havnt reached 100,000 km yet. Ask your garage, there is warranty certificate for it. They did it for me i did not have to pay anything.

·
Registered
893 Posts
.. suzuki changes free of charge the gear in these cars ....
I wish you are right, but SUzuki does not have necessarily same policy in all countries

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am from Greece.
Nothing is handed to us, here, for free...
:)

Anyways, I've ordered 3 litres of Petronas Tutela Gearforce 75W. I found somewhere in the owners manual that my manual transmition takes about 2.9 litres.

·
Registered
2018 Sx4 S-Cross GLX
2 Posts
Anyways, I've ordered 3 litres of Petronas Tutela Gearforce 75W. I found somewhere in the owners manual that my manual transmition takes about 2.9 litres.
Hi alnotas,

Who recommended you Petronas Tutela Gearforce 75W gear oil.
I have similar problem with my car (SX4 S-Cross GLX 2018, Boosterjet 1.4 Manual Transmission, not AllGrip) especially in cold days.
The shift lever locks especially when moving from third to second gear.
Did You replaced oil jet? How the gear works now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi alnotas,

Who recommended you Petronas Tutela Gearforce 75W gear oil.
I have similar problem with my car (SX4 S-Cross GLX 2018, Boosterjet 1.4 Manual Transmission, not AllGrip) especially in cold days.
The shift lever locks especially when moving from third to second gear.
Did You replaced oil jet? How the gear works now?
Oh man, second gear is the worst in this car.

This oil was recommended to me by another owner who had tried it in a Greek Car Forum.
Petronas Tutela (Auto transmission version) is the alternative recommended for our car, for the Auto Double Clutch variety, as stated on the owners manual.
But it seems that the Manual transmission version, with the Suzuki's recommended viscosity, works perfectly fine in ours.

Didn't notice any change immediately, but past the first week of driving, oh man, different car.
Second gear is still the quirkiest but overall much, much smoother gear changes.

Before I was even reluctant to change gears.... Seriously. The feeling was horrible.
Now, almost two months later, I don't even think about it.

·
Registered
2018 Sx4 S-Cross GLX
2 Posts
Well, my car is still under 3 year warranty.
I have already changed gearbox oil at a qualified service shop. Not much better, especially in winter.
Maybe I can get them to change the oil again.

I have a cracking dashboard, too. Again, especially in winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi alnotas,
I recently bought a Suzuki S cross 1.4 Boosterjet Allgrip. I faced the same problem mostly with the second gear. Either upshifting from 1st to 2nd or downshifting fro 3rd to 2nd. You changed by your self the transmission oil?
I am also from Greece (Kastoria). Is there a chance that the official representative to make this change of oil after asking him to do so?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greetings.
I went to the official service shop and requested the change with the gear oil that I brought with them.
They noted the change in the service book and their database with the comment "Requested by the customer with oil that he gave us".
They want to be free of any responsibility I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts