Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out what is wrong with my '06 Forenza. About a month ago my check engine light came on, I disregarded it until my car started to have issues starting, going into Drive, and especially going into or coming out of Reverse. So I took it to my mechanic and I've spent 2,400 on the transmission range sensor, brakes, and calipers. After that it drove fine for a few days, then all the sudden it's acting up again, it started as the same problem (going into and coming out of Reverse), so I avoided Reverse and that seemed to be a quick fix while my wallet recovered from the first mechanics visit. Then, while getting onto the highway about a week later, my car refused to go over 20 mph. I pulled over turned it off then on again, because that'd worked before I got the range sensor fixed, I was able to get it up to 50 mph, but if I took it over it would shake and the RPM and MPH gauges would freeze in place and the car would get stuck at that speed until I braked. My rpm will now not exceed 2500, I'm still having trouble starting it. I was thinking the range sensor would fix it, but now I'm afraid that my transmission itself needs replacing, can anyone who's had these problems previously verify this before I spent even more?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
wow theres a lot going on with the car. sorry to hear it. ok with the whole reverse thing sice you just had it worked on for that reason i would go back to the mechanic who fixed it and let them know its still having the problem. it might be as simple as the TRS need to be adjusted slightly, moved into the right spot. it can be a finicky little thing. now about the driving problem; that one has me confused because you say the gauges froze. i would say i might just be a sensor, maybe the cam sensor.do you have the drive by wire system? im wondering if the problem might be with that somehow. i believe the gas pedal, cruise control and throttle body are all linked together. without some kind of trouble code that would be hard to figure out.how many miles on the car? have you ever had the cam belt changed? it needs to be replaced every 60,000 mi. if not you can damage the motor. i suppose if the belt was lose and slipping at high RPM's that could cause a similar problem. im really not sure. i think your going to need to have someone take a look at it. let us know what you find out. good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts